Almost Human (Stargate Atlantis story)
|Date(s):||24 September 2011|
|Genre:||Gen, H/C, AU, robotfic|
|External Links:||Almost Human (AO3)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: "Cybernetic/Human Construct Type 2 with enhanced artificial intelligence, Serial Number 5592930299, Designation: Sheppard, Major John is sent on a mission to the Pegasus Galaxy. He and twenty-six other cycons on the expedition are hiding a secret."
The cover art is by lorien who created two different covers for the story.
Recs and Reviews
- "Such a great AU. I love AUs that do more than just change something major but also change some little details along the way. The writing is great and the plot is awesome. This story will suck you in and won't let you go until you've finished it."
- "This story is fantastic. The writing is excellent and there's plenty of action, but the AU aspect of his story is really intriguing. The author did an incredible job of building this world and addressing the issues that would naturally evolve out of such a premise. This story is truly satisfying to read. Go read it! I can't recommend it highly enough!"
- "This a robot!Sheppard AU, with a Rodney who doesn't trust the AIs. I was wary of the fic due to all the author warnings, because breaking of trust between my favorite characters (and mindcontrol not written as kink) risks running into my partner betrayal squick, but I like the cyborg/robot trope so I gave it a try and this worked well for me overall with the way it resolved things." 
- esteefee. SGA story: Almost Human (Gen, PG), 24 September 2011. (Accessed 26 September 2011)
- saphirablue. SGA Fic Rec, 24 September 2011. (Accessed 26 September 2011)
- coolbreeze1. Fic recommendation! Seriously - go read this, 24 September 2011. (Accessed 22 Jan 2012)
- "Alternate Universe Recs for Stargate: Atlantis". Archived from the original on 2021-05-18.