Avengers Big Bang
|Name:||Avengers Big Bang|
|Associated Community:||avengers_bang (LiveJournal)|
|URL:||Avengers Big Bang (AO3 collection)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Posting started May 05, 2012.
And So It Goes by somehowunbroken
- Artist: emmypenny
- Rating: PG
- Word Count: 15,822
- Type: band AU
- Characters/Pairings: Clint Barton/Phil Coulson, Tony Stark/Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes, Thor Odinson/Natasha Romanova
- Warnings: none
- Summary: The Avengers is a moderately successful band, well on its way to becoming a mainstream hit when guitarist Bruce Banner has to take a sudden leave of absence. Lead singer Clint Barton and the rest of the band have to find a replacement, and Clint thinks that the former guitarist/lead singer for Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes, is a sure thing. Nobody counted on Bucky knowing Steve, or the strain that might put on Steve's relationship with Tony. On top of that, Bruce reveals that his leave is going to be more permanent than he originally thought just as the band is on the verge of being signed to a major label. It’s no surprise that Clint drowns his sorrows in Billy Joel.
Before The Sun Starts To Burn by radioaches
- Artist: greenteaduck
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 15,006
- Type: AU
- Pairings: Peggy/Natasha, Steve/Bucky
- Notes: big thanks to sirona_gs for the beta!
- Summary: In a town where corruption runs rife, there's no shortage of suspects when billionaire businessman Tony Stark discovers his latest weapon designs are missing. His assistant puts him in touch with Peggy Carter, who runs a detective agency with the help of her assistant Darcy. Using her contacts - two of the last good cops left in town, Steve Rogers and his partner Bucky Barnes, and the morally ambiguous Natasha and Clint, who can't decide which side of the law they fall on - Peggy has a new case to solve that might prove her most challenging yet.
But the Heart by kahn
- Artist: davincis_girl
- Rating: Teen-ish? For language, mostly.
- Word Count: ~23,000
- Type: Slash, movie!verse, kid!fic
- Characters/Pairings: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark; mysterious!child!Peter Parker
- Warnings: I ramble a lot and then the plot kicks in at the last possible second? Fluff. Some very vague hints of child abuse.
- Beta: The lovely, patient nightwalker who really helped me out a great deal. Thank you so much!
- Summary: "Okay. So. Kids. It can't be too hard, right? People dumber than us raise kids all the time. Not much to them. Just feed them, water them, distract them with shiny things and make sure they aren't unsupervised for too long. Speaking of which, how long has tiny-spawn been alone in your kitchen?" Steve and Tony (and The Avengers!) from the movie!cast + child!Peter Parker with a very AU backstory involving genetic experimentation aboard an abandoned space station (but that doesn't--strangely enough--feature all that heavily).
Caught in the Middle by emisolde
- Artist: mmartianchild
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 20,182
- Type: Bromance, (Slash) Romance
- Characters/Pairings: Thor & Steve friendship; Loki & Steve friendship; Thor/Loki; all movie!verse Avengers appear
- Warnings: No standard warnings apply, unless you feel Thor/Loki is semi-incest.
- Summary: The first morning Loki shows up at the Avengers Mansion, wandering into the kitchen where Steve is sat at the table, it doesn't really occur to Steve to find it strange. Not even when Loki calls him 'darling' and bends down to brush his lips against Steve's cheek as he passes. Well, all right, maybe he does find that a little weird. But not as weird as the fact that Loki's spent the past six months kidnapping him for no reason other than he's friends with Thor.
Eliminating the Possible by elenothar
- Artist: anna_luna
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 20869
- Type: Crossover with Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Characters/Pairings: Tony Stark/Sherlock Holmes, Avengers
- Warnings: None
- Beta: tsukinofaerii
- Summary: Loki is up to no good. That in itself is nothing new in the day of an Avenger of course, but even Tony has to admit that being magicked to London by a rampaging God with a hidden agenda is slightly out of the ordinary. Meeting an annoyingly intelligent detective, who happens to look an awful lot like him, and having to navigate the increasingly treacherous waters of his feelings for said detective, while (mostly) trying - and failing - not to get into any more trouble with old and new enemies alike, he supposes, is just par for the course then.
Every Judas Loved His Jesus by croik
- Artist: made_of_tin
- Rating: NC-17 for sex and violence
- Word Count: 130,000
- Type: Movieverse AU (romance, action, angst)
- Characters/Pairings: Loki/Steve, most of the Avengers and then some
- Warnings: Dub/non-con, mpreg, genderswap, child endangerment, character death (Justin Hammer and some OCs
- Summary: This is not a story of how Loki and Steve fall in love. This is Loki and Steve, abandoned in a world they didn't ask for, alone, with nothing to connect them to any thing or person on the planet except for the one thing they have in common: Loki's blood, a Jotun's blood, that once served as the basis for Dr. Erskine's miraculous super-soldier serum and protected Steve through seventy years of ice. This is Loki, hiding his weakness and uncertainty with every lie at his disposal, desperate for purpose, and Steve, just naive enough to fall for the smile of a beautiful woman. It's not love, but it's a lie worth fighting for, up until Loki ends up pregnant, devastates SHIELD headquarters, and makes off with the Tesseract, determined to make his child Midgard's new god. As the tentative captain of Earth's not-yet-mighty Avengers, Steve choses the side of humanity, without giving up hope that he can save Loki from himself and the too-powerful magic of Odin's lost treasure.
The Flip Side by paynesgrey
- Artist: zephre
- Beta: psyco_chick32
- Rating: R/M
- Word Count: 23,665
- Type: Het(mostly), Romance, Comedy, Adventure
- Characters/Pairings: Darcy Lewis, Loki, Thor, Jane Foster, Clint Barton, Odin, ensemble || Darcy/Loki, Darcy/Clint, Clint/Loki, Jane/Thor
- Notes/Spoilers: Avengers AU-compliant. There are no spoilers for the Avengers movie. Written for avengers_bang.
- Warnings: gore, dubious consent, possession, manipulation, sexual situations
- Summary: In punishment for his crimes, Odin destroys Loki's body to imprison his soul. After a narrow escape, Loki comes to Midgard and plans his revenge by taking over the body of Jane's assistant, Darcy Lewis. The girl who loves tasers, however, does not make things easy for him.
Golden Heart, Silver Tongue by emisolde
- Artist: realproof
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 27,856
- Type: Victorian AU, (Slash) Romance
- Characters/Pairings: (past) Loki/Tony, Loki/Thor, Clint/Natasha, Steve/Peggy
- Warnings: None, although there are (very brief) mentions of Tony's tendency to drink, if that is likely to bother you.
- Summary: The marriage between Loki Laufeyson and Anthony Stark, two gentlemen as eccentric as they are wealthy, was once the talk of both Asgard and Jotunheim. But ever since a disastrous visit to Muspelheim, Tony hasn't been the same, so Loki finally takes his daughter and runs to Midgard, hoping to spur Tony into action. Natasha Banner fled her traitorous husband-to-be before she could take the Romanoff name, but false accusations brought her to settle in Midgard under an assumed identity. Thor Odinson has lived in Midgard almost all his life, and recently inherited his father's mill, but his principles are getting in the way of his business sense and it is very nearly bankrupt. If this wasn't a Victorian romance, this could probably only end in disaster - but as it is, a multitude of other characters and SHIELD Legal Services combine to result in a universally happy ending!
High Voltage by accursedspatula
- Artist: chezvous
- Rating: Mature/Explicit
- Word Count: ~50,000, incomplete
- Type: Angst, Romance, Drama
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Thor, background Tony/Pepper, past Clint/Natasha, Natasha/Thor, and Thor/Jane; contains ensemble cast, other Marvel characters such as Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom
- Warnings: Internalized homophobia, violence
- Summary: Callused fingertips brushed the back of his hand and he looked up at Thor. He hadn’t even heard or felt him slide over so that they were next to each other. “I do not want to be a secret, not something dark and wrong to be afraid of,” Thor said slowly. “I have never wanted to do something I am ashamed of. But if this were merely something private, just between us, just for us...that I could live with.” At last, Steve swallowed thickly, his hand turning over to fit against Thor’s, entwining their fingers together. Hand in hand, into the crucible. “I…I’d like to try.”
I Now Pronounce You Husband and... Tony by pada_something
- Artist: by_elvira
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 15,071
- Type: Movie'verse, AU
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Tony with side Bucky/Natasha
- Summary: Tony's father has died, but has left him one final demand: that he must get married. (If he doesn't, no fortune for him.) Tony only really trusts one person to fake-marry. Steve is proposed, and so it begins.
I will ask you to open my door from your side by sirona_gs and delicatale
- Artist: Tgda
- Rating: NC-17
- Word Count: ~21,000
- Type: AU, Romance
- Characters/Pairings: Phil Coulson/Clint Barton, Phil Coulson/Pepper Potts, past one-sided Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers
- Warnings: (brief, non-graphic) mentions of past child abuse/neglect, deals with the break-up of a long-term relationship (no infidelity, though).
- Summary: Phil's car is firetruck red, and she's his pride and joy. She deserves the very best of care, something Phil can't give her by himself -- he's the CFO of Stark Industries, not the experienced mechanic she needs. This is a project that needs outsourcing -- straight to Steve Rogers' garage and its preternaturally gifted restorer, Clint Barton.
If Only by tormentedeyes/captainschmoop
- Artist: everythingshiny
- Rating: T
- Word Count: 34,143
- Type: Movie-verse buddy fic with a dash of adventure and a touch of drama
- Characters/Pairings: Bruce/Steve pre-slash, very background Thor/Jane, and hinted at Coulson/Clint
- Warnings: Violence, slight self esteem issues, brief implication of dub-con, deathbed talks and struggles
- Summary: Since the group is newly formed, Steve takes it upon himself, with a little nudging from Coulson, to try to get the gang more comfortable around each other - building up teamwork mentality and whatnot. When he sees Cap's efforts actually paying off, Loki decides to throw a curve ball their way by turning Steve back into his pre-serum body. While that doesn't stop Steve from trying to help others and his teammates, there's a deadly price to pay if it goes unchecked for too long.
In All the World by wallhaditcoming
- Artist: flitter_and_fly
- Rating: T+
- Word Count: 15,017
- Type: Movie'Verse, AU Sentinel/Guide Bonding Fusion
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Tony with side Clint/Phil and implied Erik/Charles (X-Men)
- Warnings: Nothing Serious
- Summary: In a world where Sentinels, people with five heightened senses, bond mentally and spiritually with Guides, people gifted with empathetic powers, Tony Stark has spent thirty-three years overwhelmed by the emotions of those around him and running from his own. Sentinel Steve Rogers wakes up sixty years out of his own time and struggles to deal with the massive amount of new sensory input while trying to find his footing in a New York very different from the one he knew. When they finally find each other, how will their bond change them?
- Artist: stalkerbunny
- Rating: NC-17
- Word Count: ~17 500
- Type: Historical AU
- Characters/Pairings: Tony/Steve, other members of Avengers universe, slight Erik/Charles from XMFC
- Warnings: Characters deaths, blood, kidnapping, drug use, child abuse
- Summary: The story in which there are robots who are not imaginary, a whole mass of steams and tumblers, and a lot of useless cravats. Alternatively this is a story in which Anthony Stark grows from wannabe mechanic into an inventor extraordinary, finds a group of friends along the way and is maybe a little miffed for this whole arranged marriage business.
a long parting by plingo_kat
- Artist: espadas
- Rating: pg-13
- Word Count: 17,804
- Type: slash, gen, adventure
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Tony, movie!avengers ensemble
- Warnings: none
- Summary: All of the Avengers lose the powers and skills they are famed for. Thor can no longer lift his hammer. Clint can't hit the broad side of a barn. Natasha pulls a muscle every time she so much as stretches. Steve is a skinny little thing again. Tony is no longer a genius. If you make Bruce angry the only thing he becomes is a ticked off science nerd. And to top things off, there's a new group of villains lurking around -- the mysterious Black Council. (Or alternatively: In which everybody loses their powers, Tony goes a little bit crazy, Natalie: Super PA! makes a reappearance, Clint shows off his super ninja spy skills, Thor fucks off back to Asgard, Steve is a tactical genius, Coulson not-so-secretly loves terrible television shows, nobody should ever be allowed to name anything ever, and there is an evil magical cult.)
Makeouts in the Modern World by audrey1nd
- Artist: ponderosa
- Rating: R/NC-17
- Word Count: 16k
- Type: Movieverse with Genderswap
- Characters/Pairings: girl!Captain America/Darcy Lewis
- Warnings: None.
- Summary: Darcy has been assigned to teach Captain Stephanie Rogers, or Steph, as she's told Darcy to call her, about the modern world and how to fit into it. This results in shenanigans, sassing Coulson, snarking with Natasha, Tony leering, movie dates and eventual makeouts.
- Artist: borealisdawn
- Rating: Strong PG-13
- Word Count: 37,634
- Type: AU, angsty romcom
- Characters/Pairings: Tony Stark/Steve Rogers, Nick Fury, Obadiah Stane, Bucky Barnes, Pepper Potts, implied Bucky/Pepper, Rhodey, and small cameos by others.
- Warnings: Strong language, violence, angst, emotional abuse, mentions of physical abuse.
- Summary: When 24-year old Tony Stark goes out to distract himself from the fact that he has been put on probation by his company's board of directors due to his partying lifestyle, he bumps into (quite literally) a law student named Steve Rogers, who has recently lost his father and has been 'dragged out' by his best friend to "have some fun." "Some fun" turns into shots, Vegas, and...marriage? Except, someone on probation is not allowed to have a quickie marriage. The only alternative is to somehow continue the farce until the probation is over, but that's not as easy as it sounds when very real feelings start being added to the equation.
One to Grow On by Moiraine (ladydamondred)
- Artist: drowninglub
- Rating: E for Everyone
- Word Count: 23,416
- Type: AU/Gen/Kidfic
- Characters/Pairings: No pairings. Ensemble cast.
- Warnings: Possible mental and emotional abuse of a child.
- Summary: Phil Coulson, kindergarten teacher at S. L. Shields Elementary School, a wealthy, uppermiddle-class suburb, has just gotten his new class of students. Like every class he has, they have their ups and downs, and life is never dull. Phil does his best to give all his kids a good foundation, and help out those who need a little extra from him. And if things get a little crazy, well, he's used to that.
the reason you ruminate the shadowy past by mizzy2k
- Artist: da_angel729
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 20,842
- Type: Fluff.
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Tony
- Warnings: Relentless, content-free shmoop. Fluff. No kittens, but on a kitten sort of level. Some cussing. Did I mention the shmoop?
- Summary: So, Captain America effectively manages to cockblock Tony for a year. It's not Steve's fault. Well, actually, it is. But he was just proving a point - that if a superhero is gay, how can it be wrong? Steve just picked the wrong superhero to make the point with. Now America will think they're dating - and Tony's not going to be the guy to break Captain America's heart. There's only one way out. To save face, Steve and Tony have to become fake boyfriends. Steve thinks the "boyfriends" bit will be the hardest to act... but maybe it's the "fake" part that will be the hardest act of all...
The Shortest Week by shinysylver
- Artist: meivocis
- Rating: PG-13
- Word Count: 15,235
- Type: Movieverse (written pre-Avengers so no spoilers)
- Characters/Pairings: Gen; Tony-centered, also featuring Steve, Thor, and Fury
- Warnings: No standard warnings apply, but Tony does drink a lot in this fic if that is a concern for you.
- Summary: It doesn’t take Tony long to realize that he’s stuck in a time loop, doomed to relive the same crappy day over and over again. Every day he wakes up hung over—whether or not he drinks—has to deal with giant robots and, even worse, a pissed off Captain America. Tony has to figure out how to stop the cycle before he goes crazy and in the process maybe he and Steve can come to an understanding.
slipping through the years by often_adamanta
- Artist: avienica
- Word Count: ~18000
- Title: slipping through the years
- Rating: R
- Type: AU, slash
- Universe: Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Characters/Pairings: main Steve/Tony, with some Steve/Peggy, Tony/OFC, Tony/OMC and Tony/Pepper
- Warnings: mentions of underage sex, mentions of torture, both brief and not between main pairing
- Beta: Riversburn
- Summary: The plane crash and subsequent ice might have killed him, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t still around, haunting those he cares about. And since the only person who can see him is Tony Stark, death sure isn’t going to be boring.
Starbucks Can Suck It by miss_music666
- Artist: revengedog
- Rating: M/R
- Word Count: 17,345
- Type: Barista AU
- Characters: Clint and Coulson are the main characters. All the Avengers are at least mentioned, plus Maria, Fury's mentioned in passing. Bonus Loki, Bucky, Pepper, and Darcy.
- Pairings: Coulson/Clint, Steve/Tony pre-slash, established Thor/Loki and Natasha/Bucky.
- Warnings: nothing beyond canon typical
- Dedication: My wiffle and beta lady_wolfy, who fixed my tense issues and comma splices like a boss.
- Summary: Clint is just living his life. He owns his coffee shop, he hangs out with Steve, Natasha, and Bucky and ignores that little bit of his heart that tells him he's lonely. But when a foodie comes into his shop and makes it his life goal to pick out his favorite drink on Clint's ridiculously long list of ridiculously titled beverages, Clint falls a little in love. But things keep getting in the way of, what Clint is sure to be, their awesome romance.
The Still Point of the Turning World by quesera_fics
- Artist: lynndyre
- Rating: PG
- Word Count: 28644
- Type: AU
- Characters/Pairings: Thor, Loki, Odin, Laufey, the Avengers
- Warnings: none
- Summary: After an inglorious defeat at the hands of Asgard, Laufey seizes the opportunity for revenge and kidnaps Odin's only son. He does not, expect, however, for his own son to take such a liking to the young Thor - or for one touch of Loki's hands to turn Thor Jotun blue. The two grow together, reigning beloved and terrible in Jotunheim, until one day a delegation from Asgard arrives to tear everything apart. Now, to prevent war, Thor must leave everything he knows to join a people who mistrust and fear him, while Loki deals with rebellion without his brother at his side - a war that grows to threaten Midgard as well. Now three realms hang on the bond between two false brothers, who must decide how their realms will stand or fall.
Turn Around (Three Times Before Lying Down) by kellifer_fic
- Artist: essouffle
- Genre: AU
- Pairing: Tony/Steve, Clint/Coulson
- Rating: Adult
- Word count: 15,600
- Warnings: Minor violence
- Summary: Everyone knows that Tony Stark is a playboy, billionaire philanthropist, but what they don’t know is that he’s also a werewolf. When a government agency known as SHIELD finds out, they use this information to force Tony’s hand and bring him into a new elite lycan field team, codename The Avengers Initiative. Suddenly Tony finds himself playing host to a bunch of lycans, a misplaced God of Thunder and an experimental supersoldier that isn’t as dead as everyone assumed. Can his week get any worse?
The Twice-Told Tale by arysteia
- Artist: realproof
- Rating: NC-17
- Word Count: 15,798
- Type: Romance
- Characters/Pairings: Steve/Tony; Howard Stark
- Warnings: some violence, explicit sex, references to WWII
- Summary: For someone he'd hero-worshipped for so long, Steve Rogers in the flesh is a pretty big disappointment. For one thing, he keeps looking at Tony as though he reminds him of someone else, and even if he never says anything, Tony's pretty sure it's his father. A life time of not measuring up to Howard's expectations is more than enough, thank you very much, and he's certainly not going to make an effort to live up to any of Steve's. Steve's pretty clearly failed to live up to his expectations, in any case, and that's not hypocritical at all.