Zaphod Beeblebrox and Me
|Song Title:||Zaphod Beeblebrox and Me|
|Subject:||Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
- Zaphod Beeblebox and me zoom across the Galaxy
- In a ship that's big and fast like the Titanic;
- Half the Interstellar fuzz fire blaster bolts at us,
- This is time to settle back, and please--don't panic.
- Magratheia's just ahead, who cares if the planet's dead,
- And our robots are a pair of mindless jerks?
- Zaphod Beeblebrox should know how this blasted thing should go.
- Are we read? Up the Vogons. Shoot the works.
- Hello Arthur, hello Ford. Glad to see you're both aboard,
- Though we really didn't want to see your faces.
- Hope that you enjoy the trip. Zaphod here just stole the ship.
- Please calm down; it's not that bad. And take your places.
- If you'll please consult the Guide, you'll find odds are on our side.
- It's impossible that we should blow this run.
- Does that missile turn you pale? Then we'll change it to a whale.
- Let's touch down. Avoid the whale meat. Have some fun.
- Here's a question posed for you; what's the answer ("Forty-two")
- Have to do with all the questions of our life?
- For the mice would like to know. They're the ones that run this show,
- And so Arthur, they're for giving you the knife.
- Won't you let me please explan? They just want to take your brain.
- It's a little thing I'm sure that you won't miss.
- Oh dear me, here's the police. Won't they ever give us peace?
- And they're blowing us all to eternal bliss.
- I suppose that you want me to fill in the break.
- Here I am, brains the size of a plent, and they want me to filk.
- And my diodes hurt and I think that I'm rusting...
- Here's a payment for our crime, we're all at the end of time,
- And we're going to start another stealing spree.
- Who says evil doesn't pay; Marvin, beam us all away!
- Only foolish chaps like Beeblebrox and me.