|Publisher:||Susan M. Garrett|
|Fandom:||multimedia and original fiction|
|External Links:||"Wynter Tydes Avenged" has been uploaded here|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Wynter Tydes is a gen anthology. It has six issues.From the editorial in issue #5:
The vast majority of fans that I've met are outgoing, friendly, intelligent, articulate, and have a 9/10 chance of wearing glasses (can't win them ALL). As a whole, fans tend to be more open to new ideas and experiences than mundanes, willing to suspend disbelief at the drop of a hat, enthusiastic about entering into other peoples' universes, expanding on them, or creating their own universes and throwing them open to others for input. Which is basically our purpose here -- to open up new universes by fans, for fans. Even though we started out as a 'media' zine for stories based on well-publicized universes, we've involved into this issue [#5] being nearly all original stuff.
Wynter Tydes 1 was published in January 1983.
- Wynter Tides by Susan M. Garrett
- Tyde Warnings, editorial by Susan M. Garrett (3)
- Debt Paid, In Blood by K. Linden (4) (The New Avengers)
- With Respect to Mrs. Mary S. (Prima's Song) by Christy Donne (14)
- Dreams of Yesteryear by Shawn M. Garrett (15)
- This Thing of Darkness by Jo March (Kolchak: The Nightstalker) (30) (Carl Kolchak finds New York is deadly and strange doings happen in a shop on Christie Street.) (Kolchak: The Nightstalker) (Madame Xanadu/Kolchak story) (also in Wynter Tydes Avenged)
- Gypsy by Susan M. Garrett (X-Men)
Wynter Tydes 2 was published in February 1983.
- They Shoot Werewolves, Don't They? by Susan M. Garrett (original fiction)
- Romany Tales by Susan M. Garrett (original fiction)
- The Meantime by Susan M. Garrett (X-Men)
- The Perfect Assassin by K. Linden (He's A-prime and he's the best killer in the world... until Purdy threw off his aim, and became his final target.) (also in Wynter Tydes Avenged)
- other unknown content
Wynter Tydes 3 was published in March 1983.
- the first half of "Repeat Performance" (N. Avengers)
- The Letter by Vick
- Network II (which involves, well, everybody in Ohio!)
Wynter Tydes 4 was published in April 1983. Stories by Susan Garrett, Kat Nickell--New Avengers, Dracula, original.
- the second half of "Repeat Performance"
- the conclusion of "Network"
- an article about "Great Scenes of Horror"
- They Shoot Werewolves, Don't They?
Wynter Tydes 5 was published in May 1983. It is primarily original fiction.
- Tyde Warning, Editorial by Betsy Marshall (2)
- Wards Against Evil or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Garlic by John Humphreys (3)
- Jedi Song by Kathi Woods (7)
- Icyfire by J.P. Reader (8)
- Shaggy Frog Story by Guy Brownlee (16)
- Interlass by Guy Brownlee (17)
- When The Sun Goes Down by Jo March (original fiction) (19)
- Trouble by Susan M. Garrett (original fiction) (24)
- The Mythical Institute of Higher Education by Betsy Marshall and Susan M. Garrett (26)
- Friends and Ex-Lovers by Susan M. Garrett (original fiction) (28)
- Howls by Kat Nickell (41)
- art by Guy Clayton Brownlee (back cover), Susan M. Garrett, Kathie Hostletter, Kat Nickell
Wynter Tydes 6 was published in June 1983.
- The Clothes Make the Vampire by Susan M. Garrett (original fiction)
- Run, Rabbit, Run by K. Linden (Gambit has nerves of steel, but even steel can decay. Has he really cracked, or is it a plot to destroy the New Avengers?) (reprinted Wynter Tydes Avenged)
- other unknown content
Wynter Tides Avenged
This zine was published in 1986 and contains 38 pages, xeroxed, no artwork. It is a reprinting of three stories from previous issues of 'Wynter Tydes.'
- The Perfect Assassin (He's A-prime and he's the best killer in the world... until Purdy threw off his aim, and became his final target.) (The New Avengers) (reprinted from Wynter Tydes #2)
- Run, Rabbit, Run (in which Gambit wonders if he's going mad.) (from Wynter Tydes #6)
- This Thing of Darkness by Jo March (Carl Kolchak finds New York is deadly and strange doings happen in a shop on Christie Street.) (Kolchak: The Nightstalker) (Madame Xanadu/Kolchak story) (from Wynter Tydes #1)