Traffic Lights for the Colour Blind
|Title:||Traffic Lights For The Colour Blind|
|Date(s):||27 October 2010|
|Length:||~9,400 words - 1:09:04 hrs (podfic)|
|External Links:||Traffic Lights For The Colour Blind (Livejournal)|
Traffic Lights For The Colour Blind (audiobook)
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Summary: In which it's not the war John is missing, Sherlock needs to find new ways to hang on to his flatmate, and Moriarty tries to get himself a pet of his own. Features also: guns, tea, the reason Sherlock Holmes won't take the tube, cell phones, a budgie, and one obnoxious older brother.
Traffic Lights For The Colour Blind features John fascinated with getting into danger, Moriarty planning to use John to get to Sherlock (however, the trope is subsequently subverted), and Sherlock slowly realising the extent of his regard for John. It's outstanding for showing John more than capable of solving problems without Sherlock's help.
As in many stories in this fandom, Sherlock is portrayed as asexual, but not aromantic.
In May 2011, lavvyan posted The Sky for the Reaching, a ~5400 word sequel to Traffic Lights.
Recs and Reviews
- "I love that John is badass - not as intelligent as Sherlock, but perfectly willing to use whatever he can to take down Moriarty. And the way they laughed over Moriarty's face, and... and the whole fic was just brilliant!"
- "I love this. I especially love John's character development over the course of this story. I think it's brilliant where you started him and watching that slow progression to where he ended up was fantastic. I also very much adore how Sherlock isn't the one that's necessarily in charge either. Fantastic job."
- Prompt 30: Traffic Lights For The Colour Blind, 27 October 2010 (Accessed 11 November 2010) (Accessed 31October 2010)
- Traffic Lights for the Colour Blind (John/Sherlock, PG-13, 01 November 2010 (Accessed 11 November 2010)
- pandarus. Podfic: Traffic Lights For The Colourblind, 08 November 2010, (Accessed 11 November 2010)
- comment by blind_author, 02 November 2010, (Accessed 11 November 2010)
- comment by colebaltblue, 01 November 2010, (Accessed 11 November 2010)