The Jedi Hurtaholics Archive
|Name:||The Jedi Hurtaholics Archive|
|Fandom:||Star Wars: The Phantom Menace|
|URL:||http://www.ktnb.net/jedi/ (via Wayback, 2001)|
http://www.squidge.org/~ktnb/jedi/ (via Wayback, 2000)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Jedi Hurtaholics Archive was an archive for Star Wars: The Phantom Menace hurt/comfort fanfiction. Stories were sorted by author, title, rating, date and subject. The three subjects were Qui-Gon stories (All Qui-hurt, all the time.), Obi-Wan stories (Padawan...pain...close enough.) and Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan stories (Double the pain, double the fun.).
Following an incident in 2001 where the site was listed as the Awful Link of the Day at Something Awful because of the homosexual content, the archivist got a Cease & Desist letter from Lucasfilm and the archive was shut down.
- Re: UNAUTHORIZED USE OF STAR WARS PROPERTIES
- Dear Ms. [name redacted]:
- Lucasfilm and its affiliated entities (collectively "Lucasfilm") are the exclusive owners of all rights in and to the major motion pictures Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and any other STAR WARS film (the "STAR WARS Films"). Those motion pictures and the characters and elements related thereto, are protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other nations (the "STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks").
- It has come to our attention that you are using one or more of STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks on your website, www.ktnb.net. Specifically, we refer to the various stories derived from the STAR WARS Films that you have posted on the "Jedi Hurtaholics Archive" page.
- Your unauthorized use of STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks dilutes the distinctive quality of those marks, tarnishes the reputation of Lucasfilm and misappropriates our valuable assets.
- We hereby demand that you and each and every person or company affiliated with you immediately and permanently discontinue the use of STAR WARS Copyrights and Trademarks and remove any and all stories derived from the STAR WARS Films including, without limitation, the content on the "Jedi Hurtaholics Archive" page from the website www.ktnb.net.
- Unless we receive assurances that you have ceased to engage in the infringing conduct described above by the close of business on Friday, November 9, 2001 we will be forced to take further legal action. Nothing in this letter shall be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of any right or remedy possessed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or any other affected party, all of which rights and remedies are hereby expressly reserved.
- Lucasfilm Ltd., (Antipiracy)
- Business Affairs
- The Jedi Hurtaholics Archive, via Wayback: 19 August 2000. (Accessed 04 October 2014)
- The Jedi Hurtaholics Archive has been shut down... (Accessed 30 January 2011)