The Best of Take One
|Title:||The Best of Take One & The Best of Take Two|
|Publisher:||The Avon Club, newsletter (The Paul Darrow Society)|
|Series?:||see sister zines below|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Best of Take One and Best of Take Two are gen Blake's 7 anthologies with the winners of a writing competition. All competition entries had the same opening and closing paragraphs.
The Best of Take One was published early 1992 and contains 38 pages.
- Judith Seaman, "Not with a Whimper"
- Jackie Willmott, untitled
- Sue d'Nim, "You Win You Lose"
- Caroline Robertson, "Paradise Planet"
- E.N. Igma, "A Satchell Production"
- Carole Howell, "The Sage of Avon Bloodaxe, or, A Norse, a Norse, My Kingdom for a Norse"
- Libby Rator, "Untitled"
- Barbara Teichert, "Visions of 1993"
- Denise Baker, "The Short Version of the End"
- Judith M. Rolls, "In the Shadow of the World Tree" (winner), also in Avon Newsletter #46
- P.O. Duel, "A Farce in a Spacesuit" (winner), also in Avon Newsletter #46
The Best of Take Two was published in late 1992 and contains 24 pages. The front cover is by Ann Brown.
Carrie Hewlett, "Vengeance" (winner; real world; not a B7 story), also in Avon Newsletter #50
- Caroline Robertson, "You Must Remember This" (runner up)
- Cynthia Merrick, "Murder on a Rainy Afternoon"
- Nina Lynch, "Perfect Timing"
- Libby Rator, "The Show Must Go On"
- Denise Baker, "Deja Vu" (not a B7 story?)
- Carole Howell, "Wild Justice"
- Ben Mott, "Take Two Competition"
- Ginevra Syn, "Grim Foreshadowing"
The sister zines are: