The Best of Donna Gentry
|Title:||The Best of Donna Gentry|
|Publisher:||Tria Demens Press, agented 2017 by Requiem Publications|
|Date(s):||2004, reissued in 2017|
|External Links:||Donna Gentry's fic website (Wayback link)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
- Heart/Soul -- (One story, told from two points of view.) Heartspeak -- Blair overhears a conversation that isn’t intended for his ears. Soulspeak -- Jim attempts to show that things aren’t always as they seem) (37 pages) /
- Accessible part one -- part two-- (With Simon’s help, Sentinel and Guide struggle to deal with the life-altering results of a devastating accident) (59 pages) disability fic, won 2001 Burton Award for Best Angst Story.
- Night Eagle-- (Set in America’s Old West, this story explores the emerging friendship between and white rancher and the half breed Indian that saves his life) (38 pages) western AU, won 2005 Burton Award for Favorite AU Series.
- Night Eagle: Homecoming (Blair accompanies Jim home to his ranch, where both men must face the ugly realities of prejudice and intolerance) (77 pages) -- AU - A sequel to Night Eagle, won 2001 Burton Award for Best Alternate Universe Story.
- Mark of the Beast part one; part two (A first season AU, Jim and Blair meet under very different circumstances) (62 pages) -- AU, won Burton Award for Best Alternate Universe in 2000, for Outstanding Long Story in 2004.
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 1
See reactions and reviews for Night Eagle.
See reactions and reviews for Accessible.
See reactions and reviews for Mark of the Beast.
- Samaritan -- (Early first season, Sentinel and Guide take a tentative step toward friendship) (16 pages) 2004 Burton Award for Outstanding Smarm Story, 2008 Light My Fire Award in the Hurt/Comfort category.
- Out of Debt -- (Blair seeks a solution to his housing problems) (28 pages) Coda for The Debt. 2003 Burton Award for Outstanding Epilogue. 2004 Light My Fire Award for Outstanding Gen Episode Related story.
- My Soul to Keep - (Imagine a post-war future. Imagine being one of over 100 known Sentinels in a world without Guides. Now imagine one was found) (101 pages) -- AU, 2002 Burton Award for Outstanding AU.
- Twice Again -- (In a world where sentinels and guides are recognized and celebrated, one sentinel’s painful past leads him to avoid a bond at all costs, even as his emerging senses demand one, while one guide struggles to hide the dark secrets that caused him to be branded an outcast) (83 pages) -- AU, 2003 Burton Award for Outstanding Alternate Universe, 2005 Burton Award for Favorite AU, 2008 Light My Fire Award in the Use of Sentinel and Guide category and in the Novel category.
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 2
See reactions and reviews for Samaritan.
See reactions and reviews for Out of Debt.
See reactions and reviews for My Soul to Keep.
See reactions and reviews for Twice Again.