|Creator:||Joe Weisberg, Joel Fields|
|Date(s):||January 30, 2013 - present|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
About the show
Set in the early 1980s during the Cold War, the show is the story of Elizabeth (Keri Russell) and Philip Jennings (Matthew Rhys), two Soviet KGB officers posing as an American married couple living in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. with their initially unsuspecting children (Holly Taylor and Keidrich Sellati). Their neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), is an FBI agent working in counterintelligence.
Most of the fanfiction centers on the relationship between Philip and Elizabeth, but other works have explored the Jennings family dynamic, or the Jennings' relationships with secondary characters such as Philip's American agent Charles Duluth or their handler Gabriel. The vast majority of the fanfiction has been posted at the AO3, and much of it has been written in conjunction with the annual Yuletide rare-fandoms fanfiction exchange.
- The Arrangement by katiac is a Philip/Elizabeth-centric story described as "an exploration of Philip and Elizabeth both as a couple and as individuals starting from their earliest days together as partners, the formation of their family, and through to the tumultuous events of Season One."
- The Cost of Silence trilogy by Jae Gecko is a set of "three intersecting pre-canon stories (from Gregory's, Elizabeth's, and Philip's points of view, respectively) that each deal in different ways with the emotional and interpersonal consequences of the secrets that these people used to keep, not just from the outside world, but from each other."
- Zinc Man by Selena is a gen story in which Philip and Elizabeth are charged with tracking down a young soldier from Afghanistan who has gone rogue. It includes appearances by Arkady Ivanovich, the Jennings' handler Gabriel, and Oleg Igorevich Burov.
- Who Are You, Defenders of the Universe by OhVienna "All's fair in love and cold war." 
- Do You Love Me by Treon "After twenty-five years, why talk about love right now?" 
Archives & Fannish Links
- theamericans, for discussion and fanworks
- americansfan, a "fan tumblr dedicated to the FX drama The Americans"