Talk:Unresolved Sexual Tension
I'm pretty sure, although not 100% certain, that this term originated in the X-Files fandom. Is that something that would be worth adding to the article, or does it need to be substantiated first? - Ignaz
Really? I think that some etymology would be useful, as long as you can cite something to support it :).
--awils1 04:34, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- I definitely think it's worth adding, though noting that it needs citation. This kind of situation was why we developed the PPOV policy - we might not have definitive proof right now that that's where it came from; there might be none at all or even contradictory evidence for its etymology, but if it's in your experience that it was X-Files, then put it in indicating that.
- e.g. "Some fans recall the origins of this term in The X-Files fandom, mainly to refer to the unresolved sexual tension between Mulder and Scully ".
- That work for you?
- --Hope 02:50, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
I should have been more clear with what I said—if you can, cite the X-Files fanwork where you first saw it, or the discussion list, or whatever.
--awils1 03:06, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, I think I got confused because the first comment didn't get signed - I assumed it was all the one question/comment!
- --Hope 05:02, 16 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, that was me with the unsigned comment. I'm still figuring out how wiki software and coding works. Suggestions are duly noted, thank you! --Ignaz 21:39, 4 October 2008 (UTC)