Just brain-storming on what would be necessary to do this justice / help organise thoughts on the page for more focused editing and less don't-know-what-to-do-ness, for me or for anyone! Sungabraverday (talk) 08:27, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- Expand a bit on the canon material in the intro because Jean Valjean is a good start but doesn't do it justice and doesn't give enough context for the fandom stuff to make sense
- History of fandom - it's been around for ages. Sources on fandom from ~100 years ago? I dare say there's some. Musical for 25 years, Film recent, fairly constant minor presence to super active (and unlikely to fade away for the same reasons it's been ongoing in constant introduction of new people?) Existing sections as sub-sections of this?
- Characters - just in general this needs to be done. All Les Amis will need to be mentioned, plus JVJ, Javert, Marius, Cosette, Eponine, Gavroche, Montparnasse
- Pairings - um. there are a lot of these because there is virtually ever combination of Les Amis mathematically possible. Work out how best to tackle these.
- Activities - translations, 5/6 of June, read-a-longs, gifts for performers?, challenges (Fantine Fix-It, Les Mis Through History)
- Fanworks - expand on mentions of tropes already there, recent fic mostly on AO3 and Tumblr, Paris Burning (oops I founded a cult(maybe that should be on the Paris Burning page)), fanmixes,
- Impact on other fandoms: Have tropes, fannish terms, or fanworks from your fandom traveled outside your fandom?
- Communities: Where do fans hang out (online or offline)? Lists of popular journal communities, web forums, mailing lists, newsgroups, Tumblrs, etc. would not go amiss. - flesh this out more
- Resources: add more (http://raouldeshagme.tumblr.com/post/47089560287/new-member-of-the-les-mis-fandom-here-are-some-links, pull out relevant parts, find more, esp. Brick)
- Gnomon is no longer available on AO3 because the author published a name changed version. There's still a version of the original available to read somewhere. I'm planning on changing the page to reflect this, but I'm not sure if I should link to the published version and original version or not.
I have restored the content removed by these recent edits, per Fanlore's Plural Point of View policy. Enjolras/Éponine is currently the second most common het pairing on AO3 (when filtering for F/M) with 504 works. I think the relative popularity of the ships could be qualified in the article, and data from outside AO3 would be very welcome, but it does not seem accurate to remove Enjolras/Éponine from the list of common het ships. I did rephrase the mention of asexual!Enjolras to be more inclusive and untie it from E/R. Thoughts are welcome. --sparc 21:30, 25 October 2020 (UTC)