Stardew Valley Tournament
|Name:||Stardew Valley Tournament|
|Date(s):||September 4, 2021|
|Founder:||ConcernedApe, Unsurpassable Z|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Stardew Valley Cup is a livestreamed esports tournament hosted by the creator of the game Stardew Valley (SDV), ConcernedApe, and well-known SDV YouTuber, Unsurpassable Z. With a prize of a combined $40,000 on offer, the event took place on September 4, 2021. The winning team was Sandy's Candies.
Originally conceptualised as a chill farming sim, the Stardew Valley Cup is officially the first time we've seen a competitive playthrough of the game. The tournament was created to celebrate the popular speedrunners and online content creators of the SDV fandom by concocting challenges that made use of the techniques of speedrunning and min-maxing. In essence, the tournament was a 3 hour long scavenger hunt played on multiplayer. The competition featured four teams of four players each. The teams were given a beach farm on a co-op map and three hours to complete as many challenges as they could from a list of over 100, with varying levels of points and difficulty. They had two weeks of planning before the actual event.
The competition was streamed on Unsurpassable Z's Twitch channel, but is now preserved on YouTube. Each team member also streamed their own playthrough.
The winners and other teams were as follows:
- Sandy's Candies (661 points): TheHaboo, brandiganBTW, lilsimsie, and Fuzzireno
- Pierre's Cherries (597 points): Cordite89, Waligug, Mr Penguinpanda, Lichatton
- Pam's Yams (519 points): PianoAddict, AlbinoLiger, SeanieDew, Matthew McCleskey
- Krobus's Crocuses (466 points): KingNooblit, Bia_De, SharkyGames, Therm
As mentioned previously, the Stardew Valley Cup is essentially a giant scavenger hunt on multiplayer. The challenge consisted of a list of over 100 tasks. The points assigned to the tasks were according to difficulty level of the task: they ranged from 5 points to 25 points. The team with the highest profits at the end of the tournament also received a bonus 20 points. There were also a total of 5 surprise challenges introduced every half an hour during the actual tournament, each worth 50 points.
- In collaboration with @UnsurpassableZ, I'm pleased to announce the 1st official Stardew Valley Cup! It's a competition of skill, knowledge, and teamwork, with a prize pool of over $40k. See some of Stardew's most dedicated players in their element! Main event is Sept. 4th 9am PST @ConcernedApe, August 21, 2021.
- Congrats to Sandy's Candies for winning the Stardew Valley Cup! It was a lot of fun. Hope everyone who watched had a good time! @ConcernedApe, September 5, 2021.
- Stardew Valley Gets Uncharacteristically Competitive With New ESports Tournament James Troughton, August 30, 2021.
- Stardew Valley Creator Holding $40,000 Tournament To Separate Wheat From Chaff Ethan Gach, August 23, 2021.
- The Stardew Valley Cup is over and here are the winners Jody Macgregor, September 5, 2021.
- UnsurpassableZ and ConcernedApe Host the 1st Ever Stardew Valley Cup UnsurpassableZ VODs, September 5, 2021.
- Who won the Stardew Valley Cup: Results, Final Standings, Scores Cale Michael, September 5, 2021.
- The Challenges Unsurpassable Z, August 21, 2021.