Smallville Big Bang
|Name:||Smallville Big Bang|
|Type:||Big Bang, slash|
|Associated Community:||svbigbang (LiveJournal)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Smallville Big Bang was a Clark/Lex Big Bang challenge.On the challenge website it says:
- The Smallville Big Bang Challenge was originally proposed in February, 2006. It was an idea that was thrown out on a whim; we had no idea that it would be received with such overwhelming enthusiasm. Shortly after the idea was proposed, the SV Big Bang Community (svbigbang) was created, and the rules were posted.
- SVBB is based completely on the Harry Potter Big Bang, Baby Challenge (big_bang_hd). Stories were required to be over 50,000 words, Clark/Lex and beta read. The “reward” for writing a novel was the illustration of your story by the fandom's most talented artists.
- While many people signed up, most found that writing a 50,000 word story was... difficult. *g* We ended up with seven stories, and over thirty pieces of artwork.
- A Rose By Any Other Name by Keikokin
- Summary: A college prank turns serious when the press picks up on it. Clark and Lex have to deal with the ramifications of it and how serious it really is.
- Art: jeannie, dianehc, voldything, stopawhile, osianna
- Beauty and the Beast by Artemis
- Summary: Once upon a time there lived a prince in a shining castle under a terrible curse…and a young Beauty who dreamed of adventure and romance. An old tale told with new twists, Clark discovers that sometimes adventure and love can be found even when you aren't looking for it. A fusion with Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" and the Smallville characters.
- Art: laurab, beeej, kiki, mkitty, osianna, raingarden, stopawhile
- Last Best Hope by Dogpoet
- Summary: In an extraordinary time, the world needed heroes.
- Art: aisling12, amandajane, betrue, osianna, talitha78 (vid)
- Life on Earth by Sail
- Summary: Shortly before Lex Luthor’s 21st birthday, he is sent into exile by his father, assigned to run the Smallville fertilizer plant. But the day he arrives in town, a meteor shower strikes, changing Lex's fate forever. During the meteor shower, Lex is witness to an alien in the form of a teenage boy arriving to earth. He captures the boy, hoping to benefit financially from the scientific discoveries alien experiments are sure to bring. But what he didn’t count on was the boy’s ability to awaken Lex’s sympathy. Before he knows it, Lex has given the boy the name Liam, and lets him stay in his own home, with Lex as his legal guardian. As Liam adapts to life on Earth, high school and his increasing powers, Lex has to deal with corporate schemes and his father’s machinations as well as his growing attraction to Liam.
- Art: teot, laurab, clexzone, osianna, talitha78 (vid)
- So Cold by Iammiffyneko
- Summary: You're so cold, but you feel alive / Lay your hand on me one last time.
- Art: marina, tragicallyhip, sambre, goss
- The Dog by Roxy
- Summary: This story is loosely based on the movie Danny The Dog. It's the story of a boy who's stolen from his family and raised to be less than human and a little more than a pet. It's also the story of another boy who does his very best to raise himself to be a decent man.
- Art: betrue, marina, laurab, tyffi
- These Red Deeds by Perryvic & Zaganthi
- Summary: Clark Kent had tried to be an ordinary guy -- for a space alien living in a farming town. He was always afraid that one day, someone would learn about what he could do and turn him over to the government. He'd never considered the possibility that a private citizen could take control of his life and his friend's lives more thoroughly than the government ever could, using threats and drugs to keep him under control.
- Art: laurab, clexzone, osianna