Sleeping Beauty (Blake's 7 art)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
...how nudity can be sensual without being sexual....Avon & Blake wrapped around each other, emotional stuff everywhere, complete and total nudity with no penises displayed. 
...it has naked Avon bent over naked Blake to kiss him, but it isn't erotica, just very "sweet" love. Could either fit tragedy or sweet romance, and I suppose that's why part of the 'zine is on upside down and themed to fit the Lovett as the cover. 
And I finally got to see the much mentioned "Sleeping Beauty", an absolutely gorgeous, nude study of Blake and Avon, with Blake sleeping with his head in Avon's lap, and Avon bending down to kiss him. It's not really erotic, but unbelievably sweet (I don't usually like sweet, but I'll make an exception here). It's more than that though. This drawing is more than what you'll usually find in zines, which is normerly portrait art. This drawing manages to convey real emotion. 
- Original art was for sale here
- Charlotte Hill's discussion of Explicit Slash Art on the Virgule-L mailing list in May 1994, quoted with permission.
- Roj Blake and unicorn is on the cover of Songs of Innocence.
- comment at Rallying Call #13
- review by Predatrix at Judith Proctor's Blake's 7 site, Archived version.
- from a review by Sonja at Judith Proctor's Blake's 7 site, Archived version.