|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Skaro is a gen anthology of articles, photos, fiction, letters, cartoon strip & reviews.
"Initially there were three major Fan publications, all A5 in size, all superb quality. 'Skaro' was what one might call THE TIMES of Doctor Who fanzines. A superbly produced zine with intelligent and thoughtprovoking articles superbly edited by Simon M Lydiard. It only ended when Lydiard left to pursue his political ambitions as a Labour party councillor, although it was successfully revived as a glossy A4 publication by Vanessa ‘Ness’ Bishop in the late 80s and early 90s before fading from view once again." 
Skaro v.3 n.4 was published in April/May 1983. Contents include an reviews of the Arc Of Infinity, Snakedance & the War Games. Also articles by Justin Richards (Guns in the TARDIS) & Alec Charles (Cyber-recursion)
Skaro v.3 n.5 was published in June/July 1983.
- an interview with Lalla Ward
- reviews of Mawdryn Undead
- Terminus & Enlightenment
- articles on the Roger Delgado Master
- the Hartnell Years
Skaro v.4 n.1 was published in Oct./Nov. 1983.
- "Uncertain Warriors" (analyzing the Brigadier's relationship with the Doctor),
- Thirteenth Season review
- "Doctor Who: Value and Values
- " "Working for the Yankee Dollar" (JNT)
- interview with Doctor Who comic strip creators Alan Mckenzie and Steve Parkhouse
Skaro v.4 n.3-4 was published in 1984.
- from Whotopia #10