Scorpio (con zine)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Editor(s):||Cherry Steffy and Nancy Kolar|
|Fandom:||multimedia, with much Blake's 7|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The convention, Scorpio, generated this fiction con zine. Assuming there was a con zine for each con, there are seven issues.
Scorpio 5 was published in 1987. It contains 52 pages of primarily Blake's 7 material.
Editors: Emma Abraham, Cherry Steffy, and Nancy Kolar
- Editorial by Emma Abraham and Cherry Steffy (2)
- Story Contest & Zen Award Winners List (3)
- Zen Award for Merit Winner 1987: Pat Thomas (4)
- Curtain Call, fiction by Liz S. (S5) (reprinted in Southern Seven #3) (5)
- Minor Incident in the Wake of Gauda Prime, fiction by Mary Alice Wuerz (S5-S3; A-C-V-ocs) (20)
- Return, fiction Debra Bruce (S5; A-V-ocf) (26)
- Gripe Session, fiction by Jeff Morris (script; S2; J-V; humor) (38)
- Tangled Strands, fiction Avon's Angels (Ellen Levine, Merle Micklin, and Marie Parsons) (script; S0; Carnell, A/Anna) (41)
- Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream, fiction by D. Linn (Robin of Sherwood) (44)
- Impressions of Scorpio V, by Emma Abraham (49)
- Con Review of Scorpio V, Jeff Morris (51)
- Thanks from Cherry (52)
Reactions and Reviews
Here's another technically multimedia zine that in fact is almost all B7. The only date given on it is the date of the con itself, but since con reports are included in the zine, it must have been compiled afterwards. Was it perhaps sent out later, as a followup, to the con members?
As far as I know none of the other Scorpio cons had souvenir fiction zines, which is a pity, as the contents of this one are very good.Hmm-- since it seems very unlikely that this will be reprinted, I wonder if the authors would consent to web archiving?? 
- ^ from Sarah Thompson at Judith Proctor's Blake's 7 site