Scorpio (con zine)
|Editor(s):||Cherry Steffy and Nancy Kolar|
|Fandom:||multimedia, with much Blake's 7|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The convention, Scorpio, generated this fiction con zine. Assuming there was a con zine for each con, there are seven issues.
Scorpio 5 was published in 1987. It contains 52-pages of mostly Blake's 7 material. Editors: Emma Abraham, Cherry Steffy, and Nancy Kolar
- Liz S., "Curtain Call" (S5) (reprinted in Southern Seven #3)
- Mary Alice Wuerz, "Minor Incident in the Wake of Gauda Prime" (S5-S3; A-C-V-ocs)
- Debra Bruce, "Return" (S5; A-V-ocf)
- Jeff Morris, "Gripe Session" (script; S2; J-V; humor)
- Avon's Angels (Ellen Levine, Merle Micklin, and Marie Parsons), "Tangled Strands" (script; S0; Carnell, A/Anna)
Non-B7 fiction: D. Linn, "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream" (Robin of Sherwood)
- Emma Abraham and Cherry Steffy, Editorial
- Story Contest & Zen Award Winners List
- Emma Abraham, "Zen Award for Merit Winner 1987: Pat Thomas"
- Emma Abraham, "Impressions of Scorpio V"
- Jeff Morris, "Con Review of Scorpio V"
- Thanks from Cherry
- Nancy Kolar cover Liberator & Stonehenge
Reactions and Reviews
Here's another technically multimedia zine that in fact is almost all B7. The only date given on it is the date of the con itself, but since con reports are included in the zine, it must have been compiled afterwards. Was it perhaps sent out later, as a followup, to the con members?
As far as I know none of the other Scorpio cons had souvenir fiction zines, which is a pity, as the contents of this one are very good.Hmm-- since it seems very unlikely that this will be reprinted, I wonder if the authors would consent to web archiving?? 
- from Sarah Thompson at Judith Proctor's Blake's 7 site