Samantha Carter/Janet Fraiser
|Pairing:||Samantha Carter/Janet Fraiser|
|Gender category:||Femslash, F/F|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sam Carter is an astrophysicist, engineer and pilot as well as a member of the United States Air Force who played a key role in establishing the Stargate Program before being assigned to the SGC's flagship team, SG-1 where she was the second-in-command for eight years before becoming the commanding officer of SG-1 for a year.
Janet Fraiser, M.D. was a talented and compassionate human of the Tau'ri who was also the Chief Medical Officer of Stargate Command, placing her in charge of all the medical teams. She served in this role for seven years up until her death in 2003.
Purple_shoes writes in their Sam/Janet ship manifesto:
While it is still presumptuous to assume that both Sam and Janet are lesbians based purely on what is said – or more importantly, not said – within the canon, fans of the pair suggest that while the canon may not support a relationship between the two, it hasn’t put itself in the position to deny one, either. The idea of these two women, outcasts in their own way and independent of the men in their lives having a romantic relationship is appealing to fans of the ‘ship for it’s complexity and sensuality. Both Sam and Janet are two popular characters who are admired and lusted after by men and women alike within the fandom, and the appeal effects fans of the ‘ship on different levels.
- Amazon Nation by Calle Dybedahl; "An SG team finds a planet where any men are attacked on sight. A special all-female team consisting of Major Carter, Doctor Fraiser and the Lieutenants Satterfield and Hailey is formed and sent to investigate." (Xena crossover)
- Solitudes by dhamphir
Links & Resources
- Samantha "Sam" Carter/Janet Fraiser tag at Archive of Our Own
- Stargate fic category at Pink Rabbit Consortium
- sam slash janet on livejournal
- fuck yeah sam janet on tumblr