Off the Record
- You may be looking for the doujin circle Off Record.
|Title:||Off the Record|
|External Links:||Off the Record at Ashton Press|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From the publisher: "The existence of alternate realities has been firmly established as “canon” on the show. Authors have taken an episode and rewritten it in some way, creating an alternate universe. Or they have written a completely original tale about an alternate reality SGC. What-ifs or alternate universes altogether!"
Off the Record 1 was published 2004 and has 183 reduced print pages. Color cover by Cat's Meow Creative Arts. Artwork by Amy, TACS, Wilma, Leah Rosenthal, and more. Approximately 126,500 words. Color covers, front and back.
Awards: 2005 FanQ Winner
- Best Stargate Slash Zine
- Best Stargate Slash Artist – Leah Rosenthal
- Best SG Slash Story – “Journey’s End” by Graculus
- 2005 Screwz Winner, Best Stargate Slash Zine
- Prophecy by Kiva ("In this novella, events take a differ ent turn at Kelowna, leaving Daniel alive, Jonas at the SGC, and unexpectedly bringing Jack and Daniel together. Further into the future, Daniel begins experiencing precognitive visions that seem to foretell the destruction of the SGC.")(36 pages)
- The Tomb of the Forgotten Queen by J.M. Griffin ("J.M. Griffin brings us another long novella. Daniel Jackson was certain that the excavation site was going to reveal "marvelous things," perhaps even the one thing he had searched for since childhood. What he hadn't counted on were the unexpected complications, especially the one called "Jack."") (28 pages)
- Bring Me to Life by Montana ("A novella. The NID find a descended Daniel before the SGC and four years later two strangers meet on a train in Italy ... A new adventure begins as Jack helps Daniel rediscover his past and SG-1 works to uncover an NID plot before Daniel ends up lost to them again ... forever.") (40 pages)
- A League of Different Color by Starblade: ("Superheroes, cult leaders, and quantum realties. Oh my! In an alternate universe. Jack, Daniel and the rest of SG-1 live very different lives in the League. The fight against the Goa'uld has taken a totally different course and the members of an elite League of super heroes fight to keep Earth safe. "Our" SG-1 must join forces with their coun terparts temporarily before they can return to their own reality.") (15 pages)
- Journey’s End by Graculus ("Daniel Jackson thought nothing would ever fill the void left inside of him after the death of his lover. Jack O'Neill thought little could ever make him feel truly alive again. But Dr. Langford was about to change the destiny of both men ... and a universe. A novella.") (49 pages)
Off the Record 2 was published in 2005 and is 98 pages (62,200 words) long. Color cover by Cat's Meow Creative Arts.
- Eight Seconds to Paradise by J.M. Griffin ("Somehow, no matter the reality, Jack and Daniel still find each other … and their destiny.") (14 pages)
- A Stargate Story by Leah Rosenthal (11 pages)
- Jack's Revenge by Leah Rosenthal (1 page)
- Almost Like Being in Love by Montana1416 ("Another nice, long novella from Montana. In another reality, Jack and Daniel meet as teenagers and fall in love. But circumstances separate them. Twenty years later, many relationships after Jack O’Neill and still looking for “the one,” Daniel Jackson decides to take a journey back to find his first love … even at the expense of leaving what might be his greatest discovery ever behind. The Stargate.") (37 pages)
- Binary Roles by Icarus ("Col. Jack O’Neill doesn't believe in second chances, least of all when it involves the impossible, improbable, or just damned unlikely. Yet six months after his death, there was Daniel, Mr. Improbable, walking down the ramp. He knew there had to be a catch. Wouldn't you know the fine print turned out to be Thor and Daniel's final "good deed."") (7 pages)
- Hold Me by Sistine ("A novella. Nirrti is determined to destroy SG-1 and joins forces with Baal to obtain genetic material to further her experiments. After Daniel’s return from ascension, his memory is still not fully returned, but he has finally recalled a previous relationship with Jack and they have renewed their life together … but a special virus engineered by Nirrti may conspire keep them apart forever.") (34 pages)
Off the Record 3 was published in 2007 with two full length AU novellas. Color cover by Cat’s Meow Creative Arts. Color back cover by Montana. Interior artwork by Montana and Leah Rosenthal.
- 25 or 6 to 4 by Montana1416: A novella. Bad weather, a mission gone wrong, a chance encounter in Central America … Jack O’Neill never joined the Stargate program but in the end fate still bound him to Daniel Jackson.
- Without Question by Sistine: A novella. The Kelownans and Jonas Quinn will do whatever it takes to gain the knowledge they need from Daniel Jackson … but Daniel just isn’t cooperating. (winner of a 2008 FanQ)