List of Merlin RPGs
|See also:||RPG, Merlin|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Many role-playing games related to Merlin exist in a variety of formats. The first RPGs began shortly after the show first aired in Fall 2008. Keep the Magic Secret opened in late October 2008, and Legends of Pendragon followed in November. RPGs vary in their adherence to canon, as well as their setting, and their pairings.
The first LJ-based RPG to appear was Camelot_RP in December 2008. It was closed, the role-playing posts deleted, and is in process of staring another round as of March 2010.
Dedicated Merlin RPGs
Several RPGs exist exclusively in the Merlin fandom. These include:
LJ-Based Merlin RPGs
- Anachronismos - Set post-season one in a Pudsey!AU version of canon, with eventual Merlin/Arthur
- Camelot_RP - A gen RPG following canon
Forum-Based Merlin RPGs
- Keep the Magic Secret - Set in a mid-season one canon, with deviations.
- Legends of Pendragon - Based loosely on show canon, with the exception that magic is not banned.
- Welcome to Camelot-canon-based game that has threads from many points in canon
- Destiny: a Merlin rpg
- For THe Love of Camelot
- Throw Down the Gauntlet-season 2 based RPG
- Camelot Chronicles - season 1-3 based RPG's with multiple threads to chose from
Merlin characters have appeared in a number of multi-fandom RPGs as well, including:
In Cardiff currently lists Merlin as a character being played.
Merlin role-play also occurs in less traditional formats.
The Rising Sun Tavern is a lexicon-based game, centering on daily life in Camelot a year after the end of season two. It was created by briar_pipe following several conversations on camelot_fleet, and is the first manifestation of guards!verse.