|Pairing:||Jim Moriarty / Molly Hooper|
|Alternative name(s):||Molliarty, Jim/Molly, Moriarty/Molly|
|Gender category:||m/f het|
|Canonical?:||Yes (sort of)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Jim begins seeing Molly as a way to meet Sherlock Holmes. After he and Sherlock meet, he and Molly apparently have a fight and he stops answering his phone.
In the tie-in blogs between episodes two and three, Jim introduces himself to Molly after she accidentally mentions Sherlock's name in an entry. The comments show that they meet for coffee, begin seeing each other, watch Glee together, and they flirt in the comments.
Jim and his relationship with Molly are officially introduced in the third episode. When Molly introduces Jim to Sherlock, she refers to their relationship as an "office romance," but Sherlock quickly assesses Jim as "gay" - which Molly gets upset about. Jim confirms a date with Molly before leaving, but after he goes Molly learns that he slipped Sherlock his phone number.
In Molly's blog, she mentions that she and Jim had an argument, and she's concerned that he isn't answering his phone so she's going to the police. This might play out in season two, since at about this same time Jim is confronting Sherlock at the end of the cliffhanger final episode.
- Secrets of Molly by Emmyangua is probably the first Jim/Molly fanfic, and notable after Louise Brealey's tweet (read below).
- The Mouse and the Spider by I'm Over There, the longest and most popular Jim/Molly trilogy ever written
- Phases of Domestication by ll-again, a collection of fics focused on the crazy, unusual and strangely functional and healthy relationship between Jim Moriarty and Molly Hooper
- Nameless by Ridiculosity; Soulmates AU: on one hand, the name of your soulmate, on the other - your enemy.
- The Rose Point Manor by BookishTea, Victorian AU
- Loneliness by Iridogorgia, in which Jim pays Molly one last visit before the rooftop, and the consequences ripple through the rest of her life
- Strings by Dysnomiae
- Home Is Where by mad_maudlin
- The Demon I cling to by burntheheart (WIP)
- I O U by retorica (WIP)
- A Conversation Starter by Winchestnuts
- The Uninvited House Guest by hotchoco195
- Counting Days by orphan_account
- The Number Is by randombattlecry
- Danse Macabre by BurningLostStars
- Almost Anyone by amo_amare
- His and Hers by Sash-kash
- Kiss in the Morgue by eericraft
- Stay by eericraft, Victorian AU fan art
- Jim/Molly + their daughter by eericraft
- Bad Influence by Sherru
- Molliarty Tumblr Collection by Sash-kash
- The Devils makes us sin by HoneyMonsterNoNo
- My Secret Friend by CharlieLane
- Like the nightingale she pours by HoneyMonsterNoNo
- Still Here by Alexa Dark
Blogs and Communities
- DailyMolliarty, a Tumblr blog created to provide the fans everything about Jim/Molly
- Jim/Molly Archive on Pinterest
- Jim/Molly Archive on Twitter
- Molliarty Fanfiction Community on Fanfiction.net
- Jim/Molly tag on Ao3
- Jim/Molly Archive on DeviantArt
- whyimmathere's tumblr blog, the major Jim/Molly editor and admin of the DailyMolliarty blog
Loo Brealey reads Jim/Molly fic
- Just found some porn fan fiction about my little Molly in #Sherlock getting her nipples pierced and showing #Moriarty a good time. Crivvens
Fandom interpreted the tweet as Brealey showing amusement, and fans were mostly amused in return. The fanfic author Emmyangua tweeted in reply with an apology saying she meant no offense, and Brealey responded with encouragement to keep writing.
Jim/Molly hints from Sherlock conventions, interviews and panels
During her panel at Sherlocked 2015, Molly's actress Louise "Loo" Brealey confirmed that Jim Moriarty and Molly Hooper had "full penetrative sex" when they were dating, and that Jim was better in bed than Tom. At the same convention, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss kept calling Jim Moriarty "Molly's boyfriend".
- Molly's blog: The entry where they meet is here, dated 25 March.
- Molly's blog: This entry dated 30 March.
- Molly's blog: This entry dated 01 April.
- Sherlock and Jim were meeting at midnight, and the timestamp on the comment Molly says she's going to the police is just a few minutes before that.
- Secrets of Molly was originally posted here to the fandom's kink meme 11 August 2010.
- Louise Brealey's tweet is here, and documented by fandom here and here.
- In case there's confusion how fandom knew which fic it Brealey was talking about: At the time of Brealey's tweet, "Secrets of Molly" was the only Jim/Molly fanfic known to be out there.
- Emmyangua's tweet is here:
- "@louisebrealey can I just say (as the author of that fic) er, sorry? And thanks for making Molly so awesome a character? No offence meant x"
- Brealey's initial reply tweet has been deleted (does anyone have a copy of it? I think it addressed Emmyangua directly and told her to keep writing. There might have been more than one deleted reply), but here is another more general reply:
- "Ahem. Dear Sherlock Friends, Thankyou for all your kind words about Li'l Molly. It's so nice of you to write. Thanks also for #ff love. LBx"
- the original tweet is here
- the transcript of the interview is here
- the transcript of the interview is here