How the Grynch Stole Fandom
|Title:||How the Grynch Stole Fandom|
|Date(s):||"published January 19, 2001, in Comics Buyer’s Guide #1418"|
|External Links:||How the Grynch Stole Fandom, Archived version|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
How the Grynch Stole Fandom is a 2001 parody by "Doctor Spoof," aka Peter David.
- "But in the end, fanzines, they kept coming out.
- This irked the Grynch greatly; it made the Grynch pout.
- He had to stop fandom right down at its core.
- If he did it right, there’d be fandom no more…
- And then… he had an idea.
- The Grynch had a horrible, wondrous idea.
- “I’ll beat them by playing their own fannish game
- I’ll start up a website… and steal their name!
- There won’t be a fandom, if I own it all
- Their websites will crumble; momentum will stall;
- From this moment on, I will see fandom’s fall!"