Hogwarts School of Magic
- This article is about the fansite. For the fictional location, see Hogwarts.
|Name:||Hogwarts School of Magic|
|Owner/Maintainer:||Molly (Headmistress Abby)|
|Dates:||November 1998? – March 2002|
hogwarts_team at LiveJournal (updates)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The site appears to have attracted primarily fans in their pre-teens and teens: a 2001 FAQ states that "for the most part, we [the site staff] are your age (11 to 16 or so)".
The site was founded by Headmistress Abby (also known as Molly and DameChina) and Andie.
Molly first posted on February 25, 2002 that she would "most likely" be closing the site, due to lack of staff and activity. She officially announced the closure of the site on March 4, 2002, although she left open the possibility of someone else taking over the site.
The "School Library" section of the site contained three sections: the Archives (past versions of the site newsletter), the Fiction Section (fanfiction submitted by members), and the Reference Section ("non-fiction" about the Harry Potter universe, written from an in-universe perspective).
The site hosted at least 19 stories by authors Naomi Beckett, Sandry Wandbeam, Professor Gobbolin, Jake Tigris, Professor J. Dragonwings, The Mirror Of Erised, The Weasley Twinettes, The Librarian, Professor Coolmew, Professor Tinuviel Henneth, and Maggie Groveston.
- Goodbyes and Thank-Yous, posted by Molly (Headmistress Abby) at the hogwarts_team account on LiveJournal, 04 March 2002.
- FAQ: As Written By The Amazing Tinuviel Henneth (And Slightly Edited By The Staff), archived 06 November 2001 by the Wayback Machine.
- emilyenrose (Emily Tesh) at fandom_history, History of a Lurker, posted 04 March 2003.
- hogwarts_team at LiveJournal, HAPPY 3RD ANNNIVERSARY!, posted 14 November 2001. Molly also writes in a January 2002 post and February 2002 post that the site had been open for three years.
- Emily Tesh's account begins when she joined the site in mid-2000, and she writes that she thinks the site had been open for "nearly a year" at that time. The Wayback Machine first archived the site on 17 October 2000 at http://www.expage.com/HogwartsSchoolofmagic.
- The first post to the hogwarts_team LiveJournal account was on 02 August 2001: Ta-Da! We finally have a LiveJournal! (accessed 28 January 2017). The hogwarts_team account was created on 27 June 2001 (hogwarts_team - Profile).
- Past Notes From The Staff (Before the LiveJournal) at <www.expage.com/notesfromme>, archived 16 August 2001 by the Wayback Machine.
- "Hackers" and such, posted by Molly (Headmistress Abby) at the hogwarts_team account on LiveJournal, 25 February 2002.