Double Indemnity (Angel archive)
For other articles with this title, see Double Indemnity.
|Date(s):||2004 - c. 2007|
|Fandom:||Angel: The Series|
|URL:||http://www.imjustsayin.net/indemnity/ (Wayback, April 2006)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Double Indemnity is a fanfic archive for the pairing Wesley/Lilah from Angel: The Series. It is part of the BtVS Writers' Guild. The site is named after the 1942 film starring Barbara Stanwyck and Fred Macmurray.
Lilah and Wesley. Morally complicated, ambigious, dangerously sexy. One of the most popular relationships on Angel, thanks to the hot sex, star-crossed love, shaded emotions, and intriguing storylines and characters. A noir movie fit into five minutes an episode. Bogart and Bacall. Stanwyck and MacMurray. Tierney and Andrews.
Wes and Lilah are sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll. A black and white movie in full color. Devil-may-care and romantically tragic; some sort of crazy blend of love and lust. Glamorous, glorious. A double-crossing love affair where nothing is what it seems.
Sadly, as much as I personally love the movie, there is no information about the 1942 noir film here, in case you were looking.
- Why Wesley and Lilah?: "A rationale for why we're doing what we're doing here."
- Lilah Sharp and Rawdon Wyndam-Pryce: "A recent essay on the ship done for ship manifesto."
- Wesley/Lilah/Faith: An OT3 for the New Millennium? by Jennifer Oksana: "How to write a popular Wes/Lilah subgenre."
- It's Never Simple, Is It? The Strange Love of Wesley and Lilah: "A rather poetic history of Wesley and Lilah, with some personal views on the character motivations."
- Before and After: Wesley/Lilah After Habeas Corpses "Perspective on writing a post-HC, pre-Calvary Wes/Lilah story."
- Healthy? "A Livejournal entry/discussion of the healthiness of the Wesley/Lilah vibe." (offline, friend's locked?)
- On Writing Wesley "Mr. Wyndam-Pryce, briefly summarized."
- On Writing Lilah "Ms. Morgan, in a nutshell."
- Lilah: "The Little Black Dress On the simplicity of shipping Lilah."
- Why Write Preshow? by Kaz "Writing pre-series fic"
- Writing Believable Jossverse Fluff by Kaz. "How to write the lighter side well."
Resources, Links, Writing How-Tos
- Writing BDSM: "Points to Think About by Kaz. Setting the scene for a BDSM scene."
- Things to Keep in Mind Considering Wesley/Lilah "A tip list for handling the Wesley/Lilah relationship as it stands."
- A Lilah/Wes Soundtrack "Track listing for the songs that go through my head when thinking of Wes/Lilah."
- Random Los Angeles Coupling Places "Pretty much what it says on the bottle."
- The Wesley Unification Theory "An outline of who Wesley could be, how he relates to his world, et cetera." By Jennifer-Oksana and Sheila Perez.
- Writing the Threesome "How to write a threesome fic."
- Showing, Not Telling "How to make a scene "pop.""
- Fic 101 "A quick primer to the fanfiction scene."
- Attention to Detail: The Address Book by Kaz. "Locations, addresses, phone numbers in the Buffyverse."
- The Toybox by Spanking the Slayerettes Staff. "Information on various "toys" used in kink."
- Writing Tips "Basic writing tips."
- Archive and Character Links "Character sites, archives to peruse."
- Beta Readers "Finished a Wes/Lilah story? Well, then, get it beta'd! (note: we're always seeking new betas)"
- Mailing Lists "Places to post your completed story (stories. epics.)"
- Resource Links "More links for your research needs."
- The Southern California Multiverse: Making It Work For You "How to make SoCal crossovers work and work beautifully."