Destiny of Science Fiction
|Title:||Destiny of Science Fiction|
|Publisher:||Bob Sourk, out of San Diego, California|
|Fandom:||science fiction, heavy Star Trek content (at least in the first issue), graphic novels|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Destiny of Science Fiction is a "journal of news, views, and reviews related to the field of SF. Available for Art, Writings, News, or 20¢." There were three issues.
It has some cross-pollination with S.T.A.R. San Diego, a San Diego State University fan club.
Destiny of Science Fiction 1 was published in January 1975 and contains 10 pages.
It has a lot of Star Trek content.
"To celebrate our first issue, MEGA Productions Unlimited staged a partial eclipse of the Sun last Friday the 13th. Later, following a standing ovation, we topped it off with a modest meteor shower. Hope you liked the show. We aim to please."
- bits of news in the science field, also UFOS
- a detailed recount of a club meeting for "S.T.A.R. San Diego" that was held November 23, 1974 at San Diego State University
- clippings from various sources, some from San Diego State University's student newspaper ("The Student Paper"), "The San Diego Union" (see The Voyages Continue), "Los Angeles Free Press," "Calpirig,"
- "Jefferson Starship was in town last month. They put on an adequate concert, but I think I prefer their records."
- "A completely notated music book of the Star Trek themes and background scores is estimated to be completed by December '74 by the STAR Organization. This estimate may be a bit off due to the great amount STAR has been putting into this year's Equicon/Filmcon."
meeting minutes for the November 1974 gathering of S.T.A.R. San Diego