Category talk:Marvel Comics
These categories drive me insane. *argh* Suggestion: We create a Category:The Avengers (Marvel) and a Category:Marvel Cinematic Universe (aka Earth-199999). Everything Avengers comics (all universes) can go to the Avengers (Marvel) cat. Every from the movies can go to the MCU cat and to its individual fandom cat (Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc).
Pages may have several cats, for example a Steve/Tony movieverse story would have Category:Captain America, Category:Iron Man, and Category:Marvel Cinematic Universe. A Steve/Tony Civil War story would have Category:Captain America, Category:Iron Man, Category:The Avengers (Marvel) or maybe a cat for the universe, if we need it.
Universe cats would be subcats of Category:The Avengers (Marvel) and could be:
- Category:Main Continuity or Category:Earth-616,
- Category:Marvel Adventures: Avengers or Category:Earth-20051,
- Category:The Ultimates or Category:Earth-1610,
- Category:Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes or Category:Earth-80920.
- Category:Marvel Cinematic Universe or Category:Earth-199999
- We definitely need a category for Avengers, but do we need two separate categories for comics and movieverse? It would be confusing especially if one is only called "The Avengers (Marvel)". (Btw, does the Marvel Cinematic Universe include Spider-Man and the X-Men?) And I don't think we need subcategories for each comic universe. If we do, I strongly suggest not using the Earth numbers, they would be much more confusing for people who don't know the comics. --Tiyire 21:12, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- According to Wikipedia (and the Avengers art book I have ^^), Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the umbrella term for the six (so far) movies with shared plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. I agree that we don't need separate cats for the comic universes (yet), but that would be because there aren't enough pages to make it necessary. Plunging all the movieverse stuff in the same category as the comic stuff might be frustrating for both comic and movie fans. The comics do have different universes with different canon and the movieverse is just another one, but there is enough movie stuff to justify a subcat. --Doro 21:52, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- If we need separate cats for movieverse and comics I think calling one of them Category:The Avengers (Marvel) is confusing. I see you already created it, and if not for this discussion I wouldn't know that it was only intended for comicsverse stories. For example Little Lion Man (Avengers vid) is in that category, which I would have put in MCU. Or is this cat meant for both? Help, I'm still confused! --Tiyire 17:51, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- Based on this discussion I created the cat for all Avengers (Marvel) stuff (as you can see when you check out the cat), not just comicverse. If the cat gets too big, we can still add a subcat and move stuff around. I named the cat The Avengers (Mavel) because that's what the fandom page is called too and we need disambiguation because there is also The Avengers TV series that is also represented on the wiki and has its own cat. --Doro 17:55, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the clarification :) --Tiyire 18:05, 13 May 2012 (UTC)