Category talk:Fanlore Policies

From Fanlore
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Right to Vanish

If an author wants no association between herself and a former persona online, is that respected unequivocally or is there a policy surrounding this? --Seperis 19:34, 11 October 2008 (UTC)

AI Art

Not sure if there's a proper place to initiate community discussions. But this page seems like an appropriate location. I feel that we should hammer out an official policy on the inclusion of AI-generated art. I'm opposed to allowing its inclusion in articles except in limited special cases. On the plus side, all AI-generated art is public domain, at least in the U.S. On the negative side, there are ethical and legal concerns about human-produced art being scraped without permission to feed the machine-learning models behind so-called "AI," as well as environmental concerns about the significant amount of electricity consumed to power AI. Personally, I just think 80% of AI art looks like ass while the other 20% resembles the kind of uninspired, plasticky, but technically-proficient work artists-for-hire sometimes produce to round out their Behance or ArtStation profiles. It's also not fanart, strictly speaking, since it isn't made by a fan. It isn't made by anyone. But I'm interested in other perspectives here. Night Rain (talk) 15:23, 9 November 2023 (UTC)