|Pairing:||CJ Cregg/Simon Donovan|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Simon and CJ met when he was assigned to her protective detail after she began receiving threats from a stalker. Although originally resentful of the inconvenience his presence caused her, CJ eventually warmed up to Simon and they developed a mutual attraction and flirtation. Near the end of Season 3 they kissed and seemed on the brink of starting a relationship, but Simon was killed before it could begin.
Fans were upset that Simon was killed off before he and CJ could begin their relationship, and thus many Simon/CJ fics are fix-its or AUs where he survives. However, some fans wholeheartedly embraced the angst angle of Simon's death, so there are a fair amount of death fics to be found as well.
Six Degrees Influences
- Let's Play Our Game by Kitsune_Moonstar: CJ has some fun with press corps. After all, it's not everyday a girl announces to the international press she's engaged.
- love is not a victory march by epigraphs: On a bench in Times Square, surrounded by lights and sounds and sights and people, she lets herself fall apart.
- False Lullaby by J9: CJ thinks about Simon.
Archives and Communities
- CJSimon fanfiction community on FF.net
- CJ + Simon at Fanfiction.net
- C.J. Cregg/Simon Donovan tag at Archive of Our Own