Bound to the Law
|Title:||Bound to the Law|
|Date(s):||September 2003-May 2005|
|Length:||124K, 269K, 349K, 561K|
|Fandom:||Starsky & Hutch|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
It is a series which explores Starsky and Hutch's foray into BDSM.
It won a 2006 SlaSHies.
- Bound to the Law (Starsky and Hutch meet a dominatrix during a routine investigation and begin to investigate if BDSM would work in their relationship.)
- Pierced by Circumstance (Starsky and Hutch try a second BDSM session, but as always, there are road blocks.)
- Working Out the Kinks (Starsky and Hutch become embroiled in a murder investigation that could uncover their knowledge of BDSM.)
- The Ties that Bind (A planned weekend has to be changed after Starsky is injured. How will their lives be changed if they continue with a master/slave relationship?)
- Collar and Cuffs Required (Starsky and Hutch investigate a man accused of kidnapping and enslaving young girls before going on vacation to an island devoted to BDSM.)
Reactions and Reviews
This is actually the first conscious story I remember with a BDSM theme in SH. It was hard for me to read at first, but the writing was so good that I knew I had to read this. Now, I can't believe it took me so long to finish because this is a very logical progression of a relationship between two men who have long been equals… Why this must be read: This was originally published in Dangerous Lives, Dangerous Visions. Equality and Domination are not often interchangeable, but Starsky gets a taste of what the BDSM lifestyle is and he wants to know more. Hutch is a willing teacher and the progression of discovery leads them to a new step in their relationship. 
This was one of the first S/H stories I read in that first "Whoo, I've found a new fandom" flurry all newbies experience, and I really liked it. Now that I've watched 1/2 of the 1st Season, I can really appreciate it, and visualize it more. I liked Hutch here, and loved that Starsky was so unsure and shy about it. Great story. 
It was all Nancy's fault--lol. She posted a link to Dawnwind's Bound series. I ended up reading the whole lot in a weekend. There wasn't much sleeping done over those few days!