Beauty and the Beast Audiotapes
|Title:||Beauty and the Beast Audiotapes|
|Creator:||Sue Haley (distributed in the US and Canada by Carole Kettles)|
|Medium:||cassette tapeBeauty and the Beast|
|Fandom:||Beauty and the Beast|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Beauty and the Beast Audiotapes are fan-produced cassette tapes containing audio clips from the TV show Beauty and the Beast.
The tapes were arranged either thematically or by character. The tapes were between 60 minutes and 90 minutes long. Unlike videotapes, audio cassette tapes used a universal format, thereby allowing these UK produced tapes to be more easily sold in the US and Canada.From an ad placed in volume 3 of Love and Hope:
1) MORE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (C60) (both side alike)
This tape 'mops up' the poetry, readings and music not included on the album `Of Love and Hope'. - 21 excerpts including; Ozymandias, To The Evening Star, The Elephants Child, Schubert's Unfinished Symphony etc.
2) CONVERSATIONS, LETTERS AND DIARIES (C90)
90 minutes of excerpts from the first & second seasons (excluding the trilogy) including; "You bought me ice cream", "...dreams that included me", Margaret's letter to Jacob, Letter from a distant shore, etc
3) TRILOGY AND SEASON THREE (C90) (NOT for the faint-hearted!)
90 minutes of excerpts from WHAT ROUGH BEAST onwards including; "...an old aficianado of greasy spoons", Mozart Clarinet Concerto, "There was a moment..." (Eulogy), "Now I know how Alice felt".
4) HEROES AND VILLAINS (FIRST SEASON) (C90)
Excerpts featuring; Elliot, Jason, Howie, Margaret, Joe, Paracelsus, Mouse, Winslow and many more. Vincent, Catherine & Father also appear. - 54 excerpts
(Further Heroes & Villains tapes are planned for the second and third seasons)
ALSO... SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN (Price 2 + 50p p&p USA $8, with ($3) goes to convention funds)
Eavesdrop on Vincent and Catherine TOGETHER. (C90) (both sides alike) (compilation - script included)
Include EVERYTHING that character said, heard or saw across all three seasons.
- CHARLES & KRISTOPHER (C90) - BROTHERS & WHEN THE BLUE BIRD SINGS
- (sides alike)
- DEVIN (C60) - PROMISES OF SOMEDAY & BROTHERS
- DIANA 1 (C60) - WALK SLOWLY to IN THE FORESTS OF THE NIGHT
- DIANA 2 (C60) - IN THE FORESTS OF THE NIGHT to LEGACIES
- EDIE & JENNY (C60) - Edie PILOT to A CHILDRENS STORY
- Jenny DOWN TO A SUNLESS SEA to WALK SLOWLY
- (both sides alike)
- ELLIOT (C100) - SIEGE to BEGGARS COMET
- FATHER 1 (C90) - PILOT to TEMPTATION
- FATHER 2 (C90) - PROMISES OF SOMEDAY to DEAD OF WINTER
- FATHER 3 (C90) - DEAD OF WINTER to THE HOLLOW MEN
- FATHER 4 (C100) - WHAT ROUGH BEAST to THE LEGACIES
- GABRIEL (C90) - THOUGH LOVERS BE LOST to INVICTUS
- JAMIE (C60) - SHADES OF GREY to LEGACIES
- JOE 1 (C100) - PILOT to A DISTANT SHORE
- JOE 2 (C100) - A DISTANT SHORE to LEGACIES
- MARY (C90) - THE ALCHEMIST to LEGACIES
- MOUSE (C100) - SHADES OF GREY to A TIME TO HEAL
- PARACELSUS (C90) - THE ALCHEMIST to CEREMONY OF INNOCENCE
- PASCAL (C60) - IMPOSSIBLE SILENCE to LEGACIES
- WILLIAM (C90) - DEAD OF WINTER to THE RECKONING (both sides alike)
- C60 & C90 tapes - 1.50 each (includes tape & p&p) USA $5
- C100 tapes - 2.00 each (includes tape & p&p) USA $8
About My Tapes
All my tapes comprise only soundtrack from episodes of Beauty And The Beast. There is music on some of them but it is only the music from the series. Every tape has a log with it giving a title to each excerpt - usually a snip of the dialogue in that piece (see example). All excerpts are arranged chronologically (except MORE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST which is arranged more by mood). Theme Tapes are explained by the title. Character Tapes contain ALL dialogue which involved that character - whether they said it or heard it (and in some cases received it as a message). NB they DO NOT contain sequences which were in another character's dream NOR scenes where Paracelsus masqueradedas the title character (those scenes are on the PARACELSUS tape). If possible I have included all the soundtrack when that character is on the screen but in some cases I have edited some incidental music to keep the tapes to manageable lengths. Where a character did not have sufficient material to fill a tape I have either combined two characters on one tape (eg EDIE & JENNY) or repeated the A side on the B side (eg WILLIAM) or both (eg EDIE & JENNY). If you would like a character tape for a character that is not listed on my flyer please tell me as I can probably prepare one for you at no extra charge. I am also willing to prepare audiotapes for your chosen `theme' or even whole episodes if you wish. You would still only pay for the tape and postage. My prices merely cover my costs. I do not want to make any profit. My wish is merely to "Share The Dream".
Example from the log of FATHER 1
FATHER I - A Side
- 1) "How could you bring a stranger down here..?"
- 2) "Then I'll be unhappy!"
- TERRIBLE SAVIOR
- 3) "..if you know just where to stand"
- 4) "Lana saw him!"
- 5) "She met a man"
- NO WAY DOWN
- 6) "The most dangerous part of the city.."
- 7) "I have to take him home"
- 8) "Surely on this night of all nights.."
- 9) "..my anger would have consumed me"
- 10) "What's wrong?"
- BEAST WITHIN
- 11) "An intruder!"
- 12) "..he can't be allowed