|Length:||Part 1 (1:46:34 hrs) and Part 2 (1:09:10 hrs)|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
Battlestar Redactica: an alternate season 4.5 is an 3 hour long re-edit of the last 10 episodes of Battlestar Galactica from a fannish perspective. It was posted on May 12, 2009. The work consists of two parts: Part 1: a Fan-edited Mutiny and Part 2: a Fan-edited Resurrection. Deleted scenes, a mockumentary, vidder commentaries and DVD covers are available here.
Vidder's summary: "Battlestar Redactica is a fan-edited, non-profit transformative work designed to offer a coherent alternative to the final 10 episodes of Battlestar Galactica.
Material from all episodes is incorporated and re-arranged to create new storylines and significantly change many of the emotional emphases.
This project is designed as a celebration and reclamation of an extraordinary story. When answers reduce rather than inspire, we can always ask more questions."
- "This is great! It's so interesting how editing can give the episodes such a different focus... Thanks for all of your hard work. I can tell it was a labor of love for the show and an affirmation that we each have our vision of what we saw and that that vision is true for us."
- "This is a very impressive undertaking and you have pulled off your stated mission beautifully, keeping the important and good canon bits and themes but having them play out just enough differently to avoid most of the fail. Which makes me frustrated with the show all over again because it was right there." 
- "'Bout frakking time someone fixed this godsdamned mess..."
- Two very different fan productions: “The Hunt for Gollum” and “Battlestar Redactica” by Karen Hellekson, dated August 12, 2009
- Battlestar Redactica: Visual Revision of Narrative Error by Julie Levin Russo, November 17, 2009