Bandslash (glossary term)
|Synonyms:||bandom, slash, bandfic|
|See also:||Bandom Terminology Debate|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Bandslash is a term that has been used differently in different contexts:
- slash fanfic that features bands or musicians.
- slash fanfic that features bands associated with Fall Out Boy, MCR, etc.
- fanfic that features bands or musicians.
- fanfic that features bands associated with Fall Out Boy, MCR, etc.
As of the late 2000s, it was most popularly used for FBR/MCR Bandom fic, but could also refer to fanfic for any band or musician. This caused some confusion. For example, in August 2007, one fan commented,
I write slash. About a band. I've always called it "bandslash." However, I've been getting recently, from this post and others, that "bandslash" actually refers to a specific subset of bands? Is this right? And if so, er, what do the rest of us writing slash about bands but not fic about emo bands call it?
- comment by dachelle in a livejournal post by apetslife, Archived version, 25 August 2007.