Another Night in Roswell
|Title:||Another Night in Roswell|
|External Links:||online here|
Click here for related articles on Fanlore.
It was the winner of a 2003 Spooky Award for "Best Standalone."
This story was completed for the Secret Santa Story Exchange run by Bonetree through the E-Muse mailing list. It was presented as a gift to Emma Brightman, with whom it stayed for a week and was very well treated.:)
- SUMMARY: Post-ep to "The Truth". Shadows and light and whispered words. The rest of the night in the motel room in Roswell.
- TITLE: ANOTHER NIGHT IN ROSWELL
- AUTHOR: Elizabeth Rowandale <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- RATING: (R)
- CLASSIFICATIONS: Post-ep, Story, Angst, MSR
- KEYWORDS: MSR
- SPOILERS: "The Truth", "William", "This Is Not Happening", "TrustNo1"
- ARCHIVE: Just let me know."
Reactions and Reviews
This is the story of one night. It begins at the moment The Truth ends and weaves the story until the morning of the following day. It's about love and hurt and creating some kind of victory out of suffering. It's what I like to think happened after the cameras stopped rolling. Mulder and Scully are stripped down to their elements and built up into something even stronger than they were before. The characterisations are rich and complex. The dialogue is by turns raw, sly and sweet, but always real. This fic just has a great deal of emotional resonance for me and I hope it will for you too. 
- Crack Van, November 2008