A Magical Christmas of Magic
|Album Title:||A Magical Christmas of Magic with Harry and the Potters and Wizardly Friends and Magical Singing Creatures|
|Producer:||Harry and the Potters|
|Date:||01 December 2005|
|Fandom:||Harry Potter (Wizard Rock)|
|Other:||lyrics at Real Wizard Rock|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
A Magical Christmas of Magic is a wizard rock compilation album released in 2005.
- "This is a Holiday CD that we [Harry and the Potters] put together in 2005. It’s basically the first wizard rock compilation! It’s got seasonal songs from some of our closest friends and enemies in the wizarding world. It features the first recorded appearances of both Draco and the Malfoys and the Whomping Willows! It was recorded in various places by various wizards and is totally awesome. This was released in relatively limited fashion in December 2005. The lovely artwork was done by our friend Dave Roman."
Many of the "bands" featured on the album are alternate personae of the DeGeorge brothers, including "Dumbledore" (a "wiz-hop" side project) and "The Gringotts Goblin Choir". "Cousin Wizardface" is a pseudonym for Uncle Monsterface.
- "Drop the Needle, It's Christmas" by Dumbledore
- "All I Want for Christmas" by Draco and the Malfoys
- "Too Much Butterbeer" by Stubby Boardman
- "Under the Mistletoe" by Harry and the Potters
- "Money for Christmas" by The Gringotts Goblin Choir
- "Seasonal Depression" by The Whomping Willows
- "In My Room of Requirement (It's Always Christmas)" by Cousin Wizardface
- "I Need Some Mistletoe" by Neville Longbottom
- "Christmas at Hogwarts" by Harry and the Potters
- "Ice Cream Man" (Bonus Track?)
- See The Wrock Snob's track-by-track review (November 2010):
- "This is one of the purest, most sincere expressions of holiday cheer in musical form I have come across in quite some time. ... Also, it’s a very interesting piece of wizard rock’s history as it contains a lot of firsts, and is a first itself (first holiday wrock comp album, first wrock comp album, etc.)."
- TotesUmbrellas's review of the album & Yule Ball performance (December 2005)
- "Eskimo Labs: brr011". Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Harry and the Potters. Discography. (Accessed 10 July 2012.) Archived July 31, 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- The Wrock Snob. REVIEW: The Long Awaited Review of A Certain Wizard Rock Christmas Compilation Album. 28 November 2010. (Accessed 10 July 2012.) Archived May 11, 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Monsterface writes: "We appear, very sneakily, as “Cousin Wizardface” (in order to keep with the conceptual continuity, and to have an opportunity to wear floppity hats…)" Archived October 13, 2013 at the Wayback Machine