30 Day Shipping Challenge
|Name:||30 Day Shipping Challenge|
|Date(s):||2011 - present|
|Type:||gif sets, meta, fan edits|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The 30 Day Shipping Challenge, also known as the 30 Day Shipping Meme, was a meme challenge where creators where challenged with making fanworks in response to 30 questions about pairings or ships. The origin of the challenge is unclear, it first appears on Dreamwidth in January 2011, but was popularized on Tumblr by Heck Yeah Tumblr Challenges. Unlike other challenges, that have restrictions, this challenge was open to anyone and creators would pick any 30 days that were convenient to them. A number of variations of the challenge exist.
- Day 1: What is your current favorite ship?
- Day 2: What was your very first ship?
- Day 3: A pairing that needs to happen now.
- Day 4: The pairing with the most chemistry.
- Day 5: The pairing with the least chemistry.
- Day 6: The best kiss.
- Day 7: The most heartbreaking scene.
- Day 8: The pairing with the most baggage.
- Day 9: The most believable relationship.
- Day 10: Why aren’t these two married?
- Day 11: What is your dream pairing?
- Day 12: Who had the best wedding?
- Day 13: What is your favorite movie pairing?
- Day 14: What is your favorite book pairing?
- Day 15: What is your favorite real life pairing?
- Day 16: What is the absolute worst pairing?
- Day 17: A pairing you never thought would work, but did.
- Day 18: What is the cutest pairing?
- Day 19: A pairing you’ve rooted for since the beginning.
- Day 20: The can’t-stand-the-sexual-tension pairing.
- Day 21: A pairing you like and no one else understands why.
- Day 22: A pairing you hate and no one understands why.
- Day 23: A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out great.
- Day 24: A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out badly.
- Day 25: A pairing that was/would-be adorable, but could never work out.
- Day 26: A pairing that you hated and ended up loving.
- Day 27: A pairing that you loved and ended up hating.
- Day 28: A pairing that you will never understand.
- Day 29: What ship had the bed proposal?
- Day 30: Your favorite pairing forever and ever and ever!