|Alias(es):||Victoria Bitter, VB, Amy Player, Jordan Wood, Mr Frodo, Voyagerbabe, Padawan Sidious, PadawanS, Strwriter, Chris the Marine, Rennie Gade, Andrew Blake, andythanfiction |
|Fandoms:||The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Due South, Star Trek: Voyager, Sharpe, Horatio Hornblower, Hunger Games, Captain America|
|URL:||andythanfiction on Tumblr|
thanfiction's art on DA
Thanfiction on Fanfiction.net
Lord of the Rings fan fic and art, archived link
Due South, Horatio Hornblower and Star Trek Voyager fan fic and art, archived
Victoria Bitter on Fanfiction.net
Fandom Wank on VB
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
For much more, see Victoria Bitter Wank.
In 2011, this fan was involved in a triple homicide. 
In February 2015, Aja Romano published The Strange Lives of Andrew Blake, an article on Blake that was extremely controversial. The article and the events that followed provoked a great deal of criticism from those interviewed for the article, and within fandom at large.
Victoria Bitter's FanFiction.Net bio, written in 2001 or 2002:
Thanfiction's FanFiction.Net bio, written in 2008 and updated in 2013:
Joined Sep 7, 2001, id: 108619
Author has written 21 stories for Horatio Hornblower, Lord of the Rings, and Due South.Victoria Bitter is no longer active in online fandom. The website she started, is still going strong, but there will be no additional writing or art. Apologies and thanks to all who have so kindly reviewed here and elsewhere. 
Thanfiction's FanFiction.Net bio, written in 2008 and updated in 2015:
Joined 04-13-08, id: 1550595
Hi, I'm Thanfiction, short for stranger-than-fiction, also known as Andrew, a 30-year-old guy who has found himself in up to his pointed hat in the most out-of-control one-shot in the history of the wizarding world. If you want to know more about me, you can just ask, really. I'm a pretty open kinda bloke. I'm brash, opinionated, and a bit sharp-tongued at times, so consider yourself warned. I'm also an artist, doing a great deal of work in the HP fandom in a wide variety of styles and media, including many illustrations for my own fic. You can find all of my artwork [at DeviantArt], but please heed the tags when it comes to what is appropriate for what age of eyes. Ignore these, I'm not responsible for paying for your therapist. [...]UPDATE JULY 2, 2013: As you may have noticed, I've recently gotten into SPN fandom, specifically Destiel. Yes, I'm still doing the Daydverse, I'm still finishing AP. Life - including a nasty little triple homicide , three major moves, four job changes, and starting school - got in the way for a while, but I refuse to give up. A certain hunter and his angel may have wedged a place in my muse and heart, but the DA will always come first. 
Thanfiction's LiveJournal art page bio (2008?):
Author has written 119 stories for Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Supernatural.
Hi, I'm Thanfiction, also known as Andy, a 31-year-old guy who has found himself in up to his pointed hat in the most out-of-control one-shot in the history of the wizarding world. If you're here, odds are it's about "Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness," my version of Neville and the DA's 7th year at Hogwarts. Believe it or not, that was my first fanfic, starting out as a little 4,000 word one-shot called "Dumbledore's Army: Still Recruiting" back in April 08. It exploded, becoming a series over the next several weeks, and is now a novel. Well, actually, it's now two completed novels and one WIP that started posting on 10 March, '09 (and has been suspended due to real life issues but NOT abandoned) in what has become referred to by a shockingly high number of people as the DAYDverse. The stories in that universe that are mine are here.
ALL of this, and indeed, your sort of one-stop-shopping for the DAYDverse, including the full master list of all the fics involved in it, may be found here:
There is also a Daydverse fan community On FacebookQuestions can be sent to [redacted]. 
I'm Thanfiction, also known as Andrew, also known as Andy, also known as a 25 year old guy new to fandom as of April '08. My interests are quite varied, I write fanfiction with extreme gusto and have strong opinions on most things, but all that is over here, on my LJ, which is friends-locked. What matters here is that I'm also a rather prolific artist. I take commissions not only willingly, but extremely eagerly, and have developed rather a specialty for rare pairings. I'll draw anything you want as long as it is between consenting human (or relatively human) adults and involves no bodily fluids not normally found in sex, and my rates and other niggly details are found below. You're welcome to peruse this journal and/or my Deviantart page, and I hope you are struck with the uncontrollable impulse to get that image of your favorite character, pairing, or moment out of your head and into your hands at last! 
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part 1 (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part II (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part III (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part IV (Archive)
- as a google doc: Andy Blake: A Timeline, by theteablogger
An Abridged Timeline
- Late 1990s: Strwriter and Voyagerbabe write fanfiction in Star Trek: Voyager   and due South    fandoms; first reports of Münchausen by Internet and sockpuppetry 
- Late 2001/Early 2002: Victoria Bitter writes Horatio Hornblower  slash, joins LOTR fandom, creates the Bit of Earth mailing list and website with Orangeblossom.
- Early 2003: Jordan Wood a.k.a. misterfrodo joins Bit of Earth; Victoria Bitter is reported to have committed suicide. In February, Jordan Wood and Victoria Bitter are revealed to be the same person.
- December 2003: Bit of Earth/Tentmoot fiasco; Amy Player is charged with identity theft and charity fraud
- March 2007: Amy Player admits to being Strwriter, Voyagerbabe, Victoria Bitter, Mr. Frodo, and Jordan Wood; claims to be leaving fandom for good.
- December 2009: Thanfiction is identified as the same person as Victoria Bitter (et al.).
- May 2011: Thanfiction/Andrew Blake is involved in a triple homicide. 
- December 2013: Thanfiction announced a LARP event, "Supernatural Season Nine Finale Apocalarp", to be held in conjunction with Supernatural's season 9 finale, and based on canonical elements of the show's futuristic dystopia of episode 5x04 "The End". This venture has received some criticism, with various people posting warnings of Thanfiction's previous fannish behaviour.
In December 2009, the Harry Potter fanfic writer and fanartist Andrew Blake was identified as Victoria Bitter  Prior to Victoria Bitter's entry into LOTR fandom, they wrote Due South and Star Trek Voyager fan fiction and made fan art under the name of Voyagerbabe.
Victoria Bitter initially contributed to The Lord of the Rings RPF fandom with well-received fic. Victoria Bitter (with then-partner OrangeBlossom) created numerous sockpuppets. Victoria Bitter claimed to be channeling Elijah Wood's spirit, and that JRR Tolkien's writing was based on historical fact, and was receiving Meriadoc Brandybuck's memories in a dream.
Victoria Bitter and OrangeBlossom defrauded the BitofEarth.net convention and their attendees by taking money for products and services they never meant to deliver, ruining the con in the process. Turimel, another member of BitofEarth.net, wrote a book about her experiences with Victoria Bitter. It was called When the Fan Hits the Shit. 
Victoria Bitter later faked suicide repeatedly.
In 2011, "Andrew Blake" wrote a lengthy email to fan blogger Carlanime in which, among other improbable information, he claimed to have multiple personalities, as in clinical DID. Fan blogger/artist L.B. Lee, who is multiple, wrote a complete point-by-point rundown of Blake's email, enumerating the reasons why Blake's statements were BS. MST: Andy Blake, the Most Multi of Multis, Part 1 (part 2 here)
2008 Fanfiction.Net profile
For much more, see Victoria Bitter Wank.
General, Multiple Dates, or Undated
- Hiding In Plain Sight, Archived version
- Mock. Mockmockmock. Mockity-mock-mock, 2004-2013; WebCite
- Andythanfiction's Tumblr ; WebCite
- comments on Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
- Victoria Bitter - Fan History Wiki: The Fandom History Resource, Archived version
- Thanfiction at the Fail-Fandomanon Wiki; WebCite
- Fandom Wank Wiki; WebCite
- L.B. Lee blog entries on Andy Blake; archive link focusing on his manipulative behavior, discussing cult-like individuals in fandom.
- little tin cults; archive link, L.B. Lee blog entries on Andy Blake
- Hobbits Gone Wrong; Archive by Zach Dundas, July 14, 2004. Article about the Bit Of Earth/Tent Moot fraud, sidetracking into Lord of the Rings fan fiction. Typically for a mainstream publication, fan fiction is characterized primarily as slash.
- It's kind of musty under here, please sort me quickly!, Archived version, Thanfiction's 2008 Harry Potter "sorting" application
- Amy Player is Andrew Blake, and an even bigger conning slimeball than Rob Granito UPDATED; WebCite, July 5, 2011
- Hiding in Plain Sight; WebCite, April 16, 2013
- So, I’ve got a lot of new followers lately. Nice to meet you all. , Welcome to the Dyadverse, posted May 2013; WebCite
- Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off; WebCite, post by andythanfiction, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, thisspinsterlife; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, captain-ameribun; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, thetigerisariver; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- Fandom History, Epic Wankers Edition: Victoria Bitter/Jordan Wood/Andy Blake – the fanthropologist, Archived version (an excellent overview) (July 7, 2014)
- Stay Away From Andy 'Thanfiction' Blake!; archive link Delwynmarch's tumblr blog - factual accounts and warnings, Blake responds frequently. (2015)
- The strange lives of Andrew Blake; Archive, by Aja Romano, February 22, 2015
- Long article by Aja about Thatfucker; Archive, fail-fandomanon, February 22, 2015
- 5 Incredible Sagas of Fandom Scams and Deception: Andrew Blake's Cult of Shamans and Sparrows by Caitlin Donovan; Archive, November 5, 2015
- these pseuds are linked or confirmed in a number of places, some of which are: tent moot crash - Had to share: I got my hush money, after all!; Archive, Spork Commentary on (Thanfiction) Amy Player’s “Apology Letter”; Archive, Andy Blake Timeline. Part 1; Andy Blake Timeline. Part II; Archive; Archive; Giving in at last; Archive
- Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide; Police release more details in Green Valley triple shooting-suicide case; Fairfield killings blamed on soured relationship; all can be seen here
- bio; archive link, accessed March 14, 2017
- Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide, May 9, 2011; WebCite
- bio at Fanfiction.net; WebCite, 25 May 2014.
- bio; archive link, updated April 13, 2015, accessed March 14, 2017
- thanart - Profile, Archived version, accessed October 14, 2015
- Strwriter's posts at alt.startrek.creative
- Voyagerbabe's posts at alt.startrek.creative
- Strwriter's posts at alt.tv.due-south
- due South fanart referenced in a post is here
- Voyagerbabe's posts at alt.tv.due-south
- The tale of Amy's first online scam: Ciyarra the Child Prostitute
- Figureheads is one, also see his fiction at Fanfiction.net; WebCite
- amy_player on LiveJournal. To Whom It May Concern. Posted 04 March 2007. (Archived 21 January 2013 by the Wayback Machine.) Link is now dead, but it's likely the content of this post is what is being sporked at Spork Commentary on (Thanfiction) Amy Player’s “Apology Letter”; Archive
- amy_player on LiveJournal. Untitled post. Posted 07 March 2007. (Archived 21 November 2011 by the Wayback Machine.)
- Fandom Wank Wiki. Return of the Con: Thanfiction in the Potterverse (accessed 13 Dec 2009)
- Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide, May 9, 2011; WebCite
- Andythanfiction, - SUPERNATURAL SEASON NINE FINALE APOCALARP, posted 1 Jan 2014, accessed 7 Jan 2014
- Fail-Fandomanon, Everyone's least favorite hobbit-channeling cult leader is LARPing again, 31 Dec 2013, accessed 7 Jan 2014
- Aja Romano, SPN fandom, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pay andythanfiction money to do anything, and ESPECIALLY DO NOT GO WITH HIM TO A FUCKING LARP RETREAT (accessed 7 Jan 2014)
- through Twitter according to the Fandom Wank Wiki; Return of the Con: Thanfiction in the Potterverse (accessed 13 Dec 2009)
- When A Fan Hits The Shit: The Rise And Fall Of A Phony Charity; WebCite
- Category:Victoria Bitter images - Fan History Wiki: The Fandom History Resource, Archived version