|Alias(es):||Victoria Bitter, VB, Amy Player, Jordan Wood, Mr Frodo, Voyagerbabe, Padawan Sidious, PadawanS, Strwriter, Chris the Marine, Rennie Gade, Andrew Blake, andythanfiction |
|Fandoms:||The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Supernatural, Due South, Star Trek: Voyager, Sharpe, Horatio Hornblower, Hunger Games|
|URL:||Lord of the Rings fan fic and art, archived link|
Due South, Horatio Hornblower and Star Trek Voyager fan fic and art, archived
Lord of the Rings, Due South, and Horatio Hornblower fic on Fanfiction.net
Fandom Wank on VB
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Andy Blake, a.k.a. Thanfiction, is a fanwriter and fanartist best known for his involvement in a number of high-profile fandom controversies. He first joined Lord of the Rings fandom in the early 2000s as Victoria Bitter, and later went on to use a number of other pseuds.
For much more, see Victoria Bitter Wank.
In February 2015, Aja Romano published The Strange Lives of Andrew Blake, an article on Blake that was extremely controversial. The article and the events that followed provoked a great deal of criticism from those interviewed for the article, and within fandom at large.
BioThanfiction's FanFiction.Net bio, written in 2008 and updated in 2013:
Thanfiction's LiveJournal art page bio (2008?):Hi, I'm Thanfiction, short for stranger-than-fiction, also known as Andrew, a 30-year-old guy who has found himself in up to his pointed hat in the most out-of-control one-shot in the history of the wizarding world. If you want to know more about me, you can just ask, really. I'm a pretty open kinda bloke. I'm brash, opinionated, and a bit sharp-tongued at times, so consider yourself warned. I'm also an artist, doing a great deal of work in the HP fandom in a wide variety of styles and media, including many illustrations for my own fic. You can find all of my artwork [at DeviantArt], but please heed the tags when it comes to what is appropriate for what age of eyes. Ignore these, I'm not responsible for paying for your therapist. [...] UPDATE JULY 2, 2013: As you may have noticed, I've recently gotten into SPN fandom, specifically Destiel. Yes, I'm still doing the Daydverse, I'm still finishing AP. Life - including a nasty little triple homicide , three major moves, four job changes, and starting school - got in the way for a while, but I refuse to give up. A certain hunter and his angel may have wedged a place in my muse and heart, but the DA will always come first. 
I'm Thanfiction, also known as Andrew, also known as Andy, also known as a 25 year old guy  new to fandom as of April '08. My interests are quite varied, I write fanfiction with extreme gusto and have strong opinions on most things, but all that is over here, on my LJ, which is friends-locked. What matters here is that I'm also a rather prolific artist. I take commissions not only willingly, but extremely eagerly, and have developed rather a specialty for rare pairings. I'll draw anything you want as long as it is between consenting human (or relatively human) adults and involves no bodily fluids not normally found in sex, and my rates and other niggly details are found below. You're welcome to peruse this journal and/or my Deviantart page, and I hope you are struck with the uncontrollable impulse to get that image of your favorite character, pairing, or moment out of your head and into your hands at last! 
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part 1 (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part II (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part III (Archive)
- Andy Blake: A Timeline – Part IV (Archive)
- as a google doc: Andy Blake: A Timeline, by theteablogger
An Abridged Timeline
- Late 1990s: Strwriter and Voyagerbabe write fanfiction in Star Trek: Voyager   and due South    fandoms; first reports of Münchausen by Internet and sockpuppetry 
- Late 2001/Early 2002: Victoria Bitter writes Horatio Hornblower  slash, joins LOTR fandom, creates the Bit of Earth mailing list and website with Orangeblossom
- Early 2003: Jordan Wood a.k.a. misterfrodo joins Bit of Earth; Victoria Bitter is reported to have committed suicide. In February, Jordan Wood and Victoria Bitter are revealed to be the same person.
- December 2003: Bit of Earth/Tentmoot fiasco; Amy Player is charged with identity theft and charity fraud
- March 2007: Amy Player admits to being Strwriter, Voyagerbabe, Victoria Bitter, Mr. Frodo, and Jordan Wood; claims to be leaving fandom for good.
- December 2009: Thanfiction is identified as the same person as Victoria Bitter (et al.).
- December 2013: Thanfiction announced a LARP event, "Supernatural Season Nine Finale Apocalarp", to be held in conjunction with Supernatural's season 9 finale, and based on canonical elements of the show's futuristic dystopia of episode 5x04 "The End". This venture has received some criticism, with various people posting warnings of Thanfiction's previous fannish behaviour.
In December 2009, the Harry Potter fanfic writer and fanartist Andrew Blake was identified as Victoria Bitter  Prior to Victoria Bitter's entry into LOTR fandom, they wrote Due South and Star Trek Voyager fan fiction and made fan art under the name of Voyagerbabe.
Victoria Bitter initially contributed to The Lord of the Rings RPF fandom with well-received fic. Victoria Bitter (with then-partner OrangeBlossom) created numerous sockpuppets. Victoria Bitter claimed to be channeling Elijah Wood's spirit, and that JRR Tolkien's writing was based on historical fact, and was receiving Meriadoc Brandybuck's memories in a dream.
Victoria Bitter and OrangeBlossom defrauded the BitofEarth.net convention and their attendees by taking money for products and services they never meant to deliver, ruining the con in the process. Turimel, another member of BitofEarth.net, wrote a book about her experiences with Victoria Bitter. It was called When the Fan Hits the Shit. 
Victoria Bitter later faked suicide repeatedly.
2008 Fanfiction.Net profile
For much more, see Victoria Bitter Wank.
- It's kind of musty under here, please sort me quickly!, Archived version, Thanfiction's 2008 Harry Potter "sorting" application
- comments on Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
- Thanfiction at the Fail-Fandomanon Wiki; WebCite
- Fandom Wank Wiki; WebCite
- Victoria Bitter - Fan History Wiki: The Fandom History Resource, Archived version
- Hobbits Gone Wrong; Archive by Zach Dundas, July 14, 2004
- Mock. Mockmockmock. Mockity-mock-mock, 2004-2013; WebCite
- Andythanfiction's Tumblr ; WebCite
- So, I’ve got a lot of new followers lately. Nice to meet you all. , Welcome to the Dyadverse, posted May 2013; WebCite
- Amy Player is Andrew Blake, and an even bigger conning slimeball than Rob Granito UPDATED; WebCite, July 5, 2011
- Hiding in Plain Sight; WebCite, April 16, 2013
- Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off; WebCite, post by andythanfiction, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, thisspinsterlife; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, captain-ameribun; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- a response to Lights On, Curtains Off, Masks Off, thetigerisariver; WebCite, June 3, 2014
- The strange lives of Andrew Blake; Archive, by Aja Romano, February 22, 2015
- Long article by Aja about Thatfucker; Archive, fail-fandomanon, February 22, 2015
- these pseuds are linked or confirmed in a number of places, some of which are: tent moot crash - Had to share: I got my hush money, after all!; Archive, Spork Commentary on (Thanfiction) Amy Player’s “Apology Letter”; Archive, Andy Blake Timeline. Part 1; Andy Blake Timeline. Part II; Archive; Archive; Giving in at last; Archive
- Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide, May 9, 2011; WebCite
- bio at Fanfiction.net; WebCite 25 May 2014.
- Lost time? He's five years younger than his 2008 Fanfiction.Net profile, also on his Fanlore page.
- thanart - Profile, Archived version, accessed October 14, 2015
- Strwriter's posts at alt.startrek.creative
- Voyagerbabe's posts at alt.startrek.creative
- Strwriter's posts at alt.tv.due-south
- due South fanart referenced in a post is here
- Voyagerbabe's posts at alt.tv.due-south
- The tale of Amy's first online scam: Ciyarra the Child Prostitute
- Figureheads is one, also see his fiction at Fanfiction.net; WebCite
- amy_player on LiveJournal. To Whom It May Concern. Posted 04 March 2007. (Archived 21 January 2013 by the Wayback Machine.) Link is now dead, but it's likely the content of this post is what is being sporked at Spork Commentary on (Thanfiction) Amy Player’s “Apology Letter”; Archive
- amy_player on LiveJournal. Untitled post. Posted 07 March 2007. (Archived 21 November 2011 by the Wayback Machine.)
- Fandom Wank Wiki. Return of the Con: Thanfiction in the Potterverse (accessed 13 Dec 2009)
- Andythanfiction, - SUPERNATURAL SEASON NINE FINALE APOCALARP, posted 1 Jan 2014, accessed 7 Jan 2014
- Fail-Fandomanon, Everyone's least favorite hobbit-channeling cult leader is LARPing again, 31 Dec 2013, accessed 7 Jan 2014
- Aja Romano, SPN fandom, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pay andythanfiction money to do anything, and ESPECIALLY DO NOT GO WITH HIM TO A FUCKING LARP RETREAT (accessed 7 Jan 2014)
- through Twitter according to the Fandom Wank Wiki; Return of the Con: Thanfiction in the Potterverse (accessed 13 Dec 2009)
- When A Fan Hits The Shit: The Rise And Fall Of A Phony Charity; WebCite
- Category:Victoria Bitter images - Fan History Wiki: The Fandom History Resource, Archived version