|Relationship:||Harry Potter/Ginny Weasley|
|Alternative name(s):||Harry/Ginny, H/G, HP/GW, HMS Orange Crush|
|Archives:||Ginny Potter, PhoenixSong.net, SIYE|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Harry/Ginny is a het pairing in the Harry Potter fandom that eventually became canon. Particularly before it became canon, it was the focus of much debate and wank. After it became canon opposition to it solidified in the Epilogue? What Epilogue? mindset. See also One Big Happy Weasley Family.
The most famous Harry/Ginny fanfic in the early days of the Harry Potter fandom was probably Alpha and Omega by Imogen, popularized by BNF Cassandra Claire (who was very vocal about hating it) and also made famous by being a peripheral factor in a stalking and harrassment wank.
As of May 13, 2010 there were 14,142 fics marked as Harry and Ginny on fanfiction.net, though it is unknown how many of these are not about a Harry/Ginny relationship but rather about them interacting in some other context. This compares to 14,689 marked as Harry and Hermione and 25,803 marked as Harry and Draco.
Apart from EWE, a common way for fans who dislike the relationship to deal with it is infidelity stories, where either Harry or Ginny or both are unfaithful, and the couple eventually breaks up.
Though with the size of the Harry Potter fandom there is never a consensus on what can be considered a "classic," the following are some well-known and frequently recced Harry/Ginny stories:
- After the End by Arabella and Zsenya (2001-2003)
- Carpe Diem and Alpha and Omega by Imogen (2001-2002)
- Ginny's Gift and The Long Road Home by Ashwinder (2002-2003)
- The Test of Time by Alchemilla (2002-2004)
- Seeking Ginny by Casca (2003-2008)
- The Seventh Horcrux by Melindaleo (2006)
Harry/Ginny fanart depicting scenes from both fanon and canon are popular. Half-Blood Prince, in which the pairing became canonical, lead to a huge increase of Harry/Ginny art, many of which illustrated scenes from the book.
Meta & Essays
- Breaking All The Rules: the Literary Significance of Ginny's Love Life (2005), an essay at The Sugar Quill by RedMonster.
- Giving Her the Power: The Characterization of Harry/Ginny (2005), an essay at The Sugar Quill by RedMonster.
Communities & Archives
- The Firelight (defunct)
- The Gryffindor Tower community, now defunct, was probably the very first one to focus on Harry/Ginny. It was likely founded in September of 2001..
- The Harry Ginny Network 
- PhoenixSong.net 
- Harry/Ginny Studio 
- Harry LUVS Ginny 
- Ginny Potter 
- Sink Into Your Eyes 
- Works tagged Harry/Ginny at Archive of Our Own.
- Fests & Exchanges