The Nonsensical Ravings of a Lunatic Mind
|Name:||The Nonsensical Ravings of a Lunatic Mind|
|Owner/Maintainer:||The Divine Adoratrice|
|URL:||The Nonsensical Ravings of a Lunatic Mind|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Nonsensical Ravings of a Lunatic Mind is the name of the site created by The Divine Adoratrice to house their essays.
It is part of The Divine Adoratrice's World o'Fanfic.
Bowen's comments: "If you want more of my nattering on, I'll occasionally be sharing some of my thoughts on slash, and probably getting myself into all kinds of trouble. Latest natter -- October 31, 1999."
- What's all this, then? August 9, 1997. My rather vague explanation of why I write slash.
- All God's children got agendas August 18, 1997. A little rant about what it means to have an "agenda."
- Seeing slash September 6, 1997. Some characters turn us on, and others... don't.
- Actually, I'm not. September 19, 1997. Ashamed of myself, that is.
- Mild dislike on the Web. September 25, 1997. Who decides what should be be posted?
- Who is this Mary Sue person? October 7, 1997. ...and why am I supposed to care about her?
- My God, what a concept! October 27, 1997. You mean fanfic's not just on the Internet?
- The More Things Change, the More They Really, Really Suck. November 10, 1997. No, I haven't written any DS fic lately.
- What's in a pseudonym? November 18, 1997. Of the naming of slashers.
- Never in their wildest dreams... December 22, 1997 (revised January 1, 1998). Do straight men really go down on each other?
- Tell me again how much you love me. January 13, 1998. Should a writer demand LoC's?
- If you can't say something nice... February 10, 1998. How come everyone who likes a story is right, and everyone who dislikes it is wrong?
- Don't hate me because I can spell. February 17, 1998. Your teachers were right: spelling counts.
- Sing a song... March 26, 1998. ...but think twice before you put it in a story.
- Homicide: Slash on the Street. May 9, 1998 (revised May 10, 1998). There's a good reason why it's not out there.
- It can be done! May 31, 1998. Meet Megan Connor.
- Here we go again June 7, 1998 (revised June 14, 1998). Is Due South due for another rebirth?
- Slash is where you find it. July 14, 1998. Why not go off the beaten path once in a while?
- I just can't hear it. September 29, 1998 (and wasn't it a lovely summer?). It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
- I'm baaack... December 26, 1998. Let the festivities commence!
- Homicide Redux. January 10, 1999. Once more, with feeling.
- This'll hurt you more than it hurts me. March 28, 1999, Blair, you've been a naughty boy. Updated 4/4/99
- Spanky and Her Gang. April 2, 1999. Letters, I get letters....
- Love and Coconuts. April 9, 1999. You know, I'm not even going to try to sum this one up.
- What's so bad about being bad? May 5, 1999. Not every story is created equal.
- To publish or not to publish. May 27, 1999. A few thoughts on The Sentinel's season finale.
- Stop, Thief! July 11, 1999. Plagiarism steals a lot more than stories.
- We are family. August 8, 1999. ...I got all my fan-girls and me...
- Who do you want to be today? September 1, 1999. You don't have to say who you are, but you should be who you are. Or something.
- Hair today, gone tomorrow. October 31, 1999. Not the locks!
Reactions and Reviews
The Divine Adoratrice natters on about a good many subjects; her natters on plagiarism and mailing lists as families (not) were posted just as I was about to write rants on the subjects, so it seemed like a good time to add a link to her page. Go, enjoy!