|Name:||The Hellmouth, |
formerly WhedonCon, Whedonopolis
|Frequency:||annual, with 2020 canceled due to COVID19|
|Location:||Los Angeles, U.S.A.|
|Focus:||the works of Joss Whedon|
|Organization:||Fandom Charities, Inc.|
|URL:||https://www.thehellmouth.org/, archive link|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
The Hellmouth is a fan convention held in Los Angeles since 2007. As the name suggests, it grew out of fandom for Buffy and other TV shows directed by Joss Whedon, but over the years it has expanded in scope to "educate while entertaining in all areas of fandom: books, comics, television, movies, animation, technology, steampunk, arts and sciences."
Postponed twice due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Changed their name to The Hellmouth. No official reason was stated for the name change, but many assumed that it was to distance themselves from Joss Whedon in the wake of the accusations of abuse and unprofessional behavior. 
The convention was held from June 3rd-5th at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel.
- TheHellmouthCon official twitter account
- #TheHellmouthCon tag on Twitter, used by both con organizers and attendees to document their experiences and discuss the con
- #WhedonCon old tag on Twitter
- The Hellmouth Convention 2022 Information, Archived version at fancons.com
- About Us, Archived version. TheHellmouth.org. Accessed 19 June 2022.
- WhedonCon Distances From Joss Whedon, Changes To Hellmouth Convention, Archived version. Johnston, Rich. Bleedingcool.com. Published March 1, 2021. Accessed June 19, 2022.