The Gates of Enlil
|Title:||The Gates of Enlil|
|Genre:||male and female slash|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
This zine contains no interior illos. The front cover art is uncredited.
We, your friendly neighborhood Whores of Babylon, are delighted that we could bring you some of this stuff ~ and saddened by the fact that we needed to do so anonymously. But with the B5 fanfic climate as weird as it is, we figured it was best to take no chances.
For the record, J. Michael Straczynski has stated that he cannot be in the same place as any fanfic whatsoever for legal reasons. While he might be prepared to look the other way for something as naturally insular as slash, there are many acolytes of his on the net who would be only too happy to report us to him out of spite, a desire to shut down what they see as sexually threatening material created by women, or a desire to suck up to him.
While we, your neighborhood Whores, are willing to refrain from putting the fanfic out where jms might see it out of politeness to him, we are not willing to take the chance that someone somewhere else might force him to take note of us and hence shut us down for purely spiteful reasons. So if you've got a yen for hardbodied doctors, a leaning towards lithe, lovely Rangers, or a taste for hotheaded Italian security chiefs and station commanders haunted by their past, look no further! Hence, you hold this zine in your two hands. While we are pleased to be able to bring it to you, we also must apologize for several things that have come about as a result of the need to remain anonymous:
1. This zine will be sold on a cash only basis, and will not be sold through the mail. Sorry. Believe me, if we could sell more of these, we'd be doing it! We love B5 and B5 slash, and we want to make it available to as many people as we can within the bounds of reasonable risk.
2. All contributors to this zine are pseudonymous, so if you've heard of a Katie Hyde or MaryAlice Stith - this isn't them.
3. We can't make a policy of accepting submissions and hence will publish only commissioned pieces. I'm sure that, should you desire to publish your B5 slash story, you will be more than able to find a multimedia zine that would be happy to take it. Our more tentative policy comes about purely because, as an all-B5 zine, we could be not only restricted by the anti-fanfic policy, but shut down entirely.
Anyhoooo ~ despite the fanboys who would gladly throw us to the wolves, we have succeeded in putting something we feel is truly special into your hands! Read it - buy it - fantastize about it. And most importantly ~ write about it. Be polite - jms has created something wonderful, and it's only fair to keep it away from him if he can't abide it for legal reasons. But your fantasies are your own, and the mental play of strangers, no matter how explicit we get in detailing it for one another, is our business and no one else's.So let's get to drooling, ladies! There's Rangers out there who need to be thoroughly fucked, seconds who need to relax and let their hair down with slinky telepaths, and commanders and security chiefs who need to consummate their glorious devotion to one another. There's work to be done!
- The Sleeper Awakened by Recondita Armonia (Marcus/Arthur) ("Copyright 1996 by the author. This story may not be reproduced in whole or part in any means whatsoever without the author's explicit permission. Also, this story is not meant in any way to infringe on the rights reserved over the Babylon-5 universe by ]. Michael Straczynski, and by putting "pen" to "paper," the author relinquishes all rights to legal action should this story coincide with a future Babylon-5 storyline in any way whatsoever." This story takes place towards the end of "A Late Delivery From Avalon.") (5)
- A Greater Latitude by Galenn (Sinclair/Garibaldi) ("Babylon 5 is (c) 1996 PTEN & Babylonian Productions. This story is not intended to infringe on these copyrights. A Greater Latitude is Copyright 1996 by the author, who isn't really sure she wants to own up to it anyway... This story is set during the first season episode "Mind War."") (9)
- The Water Below by Katie Hyde (Marcus/Lennier) ("The appearance of latent telepathic talents causes Lennier's relationship with Marcus to take an unexpected turn.") (13)
- Thought, Want, Deed, an SOL story, by Recondita Armonia ("The acronym SOL might take some explaining - one of my favorite bottle stories from the third season of Babylon-5 was "Exogenesis," showcasing Marcus Cole and Dr. Franklin. It was a marvelous story that allowed both characters room to move and fight - and of course, the appeal of two lovely men locked in a small cell together wasn't lost on me either. My private name for that episode remains "The Franklin and Marcus Hot-N-Spicy Sandwich of Love." Hence SOL = "sandwich of love." This story takes place after "Interludes and Examinations."") (25)
- Together by MaryAlice Stith ("This story may not be reproduced elsewhere in whole or in part without my express consent. Also, I didn't creates 'em, I just loves 'em. If my warped mind were to come up with something later appearing in the Babylon 5 storyline, well, MS thought of it first, in a legally binding sense. This story is not meant in any way to infringe on the rights reserved over the Babylon-5 universe by J. Michael Straczynski. Don't mind me, Joe! This scene takes place during the episode "Divided Loyalties", when Talia Winters and Susan Ivanova spend the night together. Smirk, and I do mean together. We just missed it due to a commercial break, damn that Mazda ad!") (33)
- The Rock & The River by Recondita Armonia ("After their reconciliation at the close of "Grey 17 Is Missing," Marcus and Neroon find themselves drawn to one another. This was written at the end of Season Three, before the airing of the final three, and contains spoilers for "Grey 17 Is Missing."") (37)
- Silent Longing by Kara G'Mile (59)
- Zero G by MaryAlice Stith ("Copyright 1996 the author. Do not fold, spindle, or mutilate without my permission. Infringement on the rights reserved on the Babylon 5 universe by its creator, not intended, yada, yada.") (61)
- The House of Flesh by Emily Brunson ("After Sinclair departs for the past, Garibaldi is left with bittersweet memories.") (67)