State of the Union
|Name:||State of the Union|
|Fandom:||The West Wing|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
State of the Union is Jori and Mojo's West Wing adult fanfiction site.
It features the West Wing story Campaign Promises, The Opportunities Series and standalone stories.
Campaign Promises. Summary: Sometimes the promises made on the campaign trail can't be kept forever... NC-17. Completed 16 January 2004 and is 648k.
The Opportunities Series
- Opportunities by Jori and MoJo - An opportunity for Donna turns into an even better opportunity for her and Josh. NC-17. R Version also available.
- Cravings by Jori and MoJo - Josh and Donna are really craving lunch. This story follows immediately after 'Opportunities.' NC-17. R Version also available.
- Escapes by Jori and MoJo - Josh and Donna work out exactly what they are to each other now and in the process, get more than just 'lunch.' This story follows immediately after 'Cravings.' NC-17. R Version also available.
- Moments by Jori and MoJo - In the hours leading up to and after the shooting, Josh and Donna reflect on a few moments of their lives and what really matters. This story follows immediately after 'Escapes.' NC-17. R Version also available.
- Reasons by Jori and MoJo - After the shooting, Josh and Donna begin down the road to recovery and search for the reasons this happened to them. This story follows immediately after 'Moments.' NC-17. R Version also available.
- Only Once by MoJo - Danny has a savory proposition for CJ. NC-17.
- Best Laid Plans by MoJo - Abbey and Jed's first night in the Residence. NC-17.
- Under a Cherry Bloom by MoJo - Abbey's been away and Jed wants to play. Response to the April State of the Union Challenge. NC-17.
- Intensive by MoJo - In this story, MoJo makes fun of Sorkin's inconsistencies on behalf of J/D shippers everywhere. NC-17.
- Personal Day by MoJo - Donna takes a personal day. NC-17.
- Beautiful Ink by Jori - One book. Two people. Many years. NC-17. R Version also available.
- Learn To Help Yourself by Jori - Set after the flashbacks of 'Two Cathedrals,' a young Jed Bartlet learns a lesson about himself from Mrs. Landingham. PG-13.
- Garden Spot by Jori - Post 'The Fall's Gonna Kill You,' Josh and CJ discuss exactly how bad things are going to get and try to make them better for just a while. NC-17.
- Lying in Wait by MoJo - They made their bed, now they must lie in it. A post 'The Fall's Gonna Kill You' Jed/Abbey story. NC-17.
- Dead Flowers by Phillip Padgett (and MoJo) - Guest writer Phillip Padgett pays a visit to the West Wing to unlock the secrets of the human heart. Post '17 People.' NC-17.
- Liberal Arts by Jori and MoJo - On Big Block of Cheese Day last year, Sam made a recommendation to the NEA he shouldn't have and Ainsley isn't going to let him forget it. NC-17.
- Beyond the Sunrise by Jori and MoJo - After 'The Stackhouse Filibuster,' Josh takes Donna to Florida for a spring training game. NC-17.
- Hours in the Rain by MoJo - Donna goes to Connecticut with Josh for his father's funeral. PG.
- In Front of You by MoJo - Josh finally sees what's in front of him. NC-17.
- Separations by MoJo - Will the last days of Josh and Mandy offer a new beginning for Josh and Donna? NC-17.
- The Naked Truth by MoJo - Danny finds out just how "great in bed" CJ really is. NC-17.
- Warm Places by Jori and MoJo - Donna and Josh have a lot to be thankful for. Like each other. And nice, warm places. This story is not part of any Josh and Donna series we have but rather is just a little post-episode Thanksgiving fun for 'Shibboleth.' NC 17.
- Seeing Red by Jori and MoJo - Josh pays Donna a visit after the events of 'The Portland Trip.' NC 17.
- Bipartisan Relations by Jori - Can Sam and Ainsley put their differences aside for one night? NC-17.
- Bedfellows by MoJo - CJ and Danny take things a little further, maybe a little too fast. NC-17.
- The Science of Living Again by Jori - CJ and Josh find healing in an unexpected place--each other. NC-17.
- Privileges by Jori - Josh has a meeting with Miss Sarah Wissenger. NC-17.
The following Stand Alone Stories won The Jeds awards in these categories in 2001:
Outstanding Characterization of Sam: Third Place! LIBERAL ARTS by MoJo and Jori
Outstanding Characterization of Abbey: First Place! LYING IN WAIT by MoJo
Outstanding Characterization of Ainsley: Third Place! LIBERAL ARTS by MoJo and Jori
Outstanding Characterization of Other Character, non-Bartlet Administration: Second Place! THE NAKED TRUTH (Danny Concannon) by MoJo
Outstanding Humor or Parody: Third Place! LIBERAL ARTS by MoJo and Jori
Outstanding Angst: Second Place! BEAUTIFUL INK by Jori
Outstanding PWP/Smutfic: Third Place! SEEING RED by MoJo and Jori
Outstanding story featuring CJ/Josh: Second Place! THE SCIENCE OF LIVING AGAIN by Jori Third Place! GARDEN SPOT by Jori
Outstanding story featuring Sam/Ainsley: Third Place! LIBERAL ARTS by Jori and MoJo
Outstanding story featuring Jed/Abbey: First Place! LYING IN WAIT by MoJo
Outstanding story featuring CJ/Danny: First Place! THE NAKED TRUTH by MoJo