Sideburns (Stargate SG-1 zine)
|Medium:||print, CD, pdf|
|External Links:||publisher's flyer here|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Sideburns is a collection of some of Sideburn's previously published online Stargate SG-1 fiction.
Fiction is here at Area 52 HKH.
Sideburns 1 was published in the fall of 2013. It contain 269 pages (101575 words). Art by Eilidh and JayEm.
- Christmas Eve - Daniel thinks he's about to experience his last Christmas Eve...
- In Memory Of Those Who Came Before - A very special event brings together old friends
- Black and White - Jack decides that he and Daniel need to talk following Shades of Grey - and learns more than he bargained for... thank God
- A Flash of Brilliance - Daniel's pissed, Teal'c offers advice, and Jack reaps the benefits.
- Revolution - Following his return from Honduras, Daniel has a few things to get off his chest
- A Life Lived - Daniel is the only one left at the SGC, but a horrific event quickly brings SG1 back together
Sideburns 2 was published in the winter of 2013. It contain 276 pages (97767 words). Art by Eilidh and JayEm.
- Don't Open the Door - Daniel celebrates his first Halloween in his new home.
- Halloween's Lonely Call - Takes place after Ex Deus Machina. Another Halloween, but Daniel isn't looking forward to this one. Something -- or someone -- is missing.
- Soul Searching - SG-1 brings something back from a planet, Jack ponders God and the Devil, and it's All Hallows Eve.
- A Christmas Green Cream Cake - George Hammond is giving a holiday party and Daniel takes Jack up on a dare.
- Puff, The New Year Cream - An injured member of SG-1 must spend New Year's in the Infirmary and another member decides that he won't be alone.
- There's No Place Like Home - This is an AU version of Season 9. Written 100% for myself. Also, was written before knowing about the Ori yet my baddies are very close. I made a couple of changes based on the opening of Avalon.
- The Meaning of Christmas - It's Christmas, SG-1 has just returned from a very successful mission, and Daniel realizes he's bought no gifts yet.
- The Meaning of Christmas 2: The Gift - The holidays without Daniel.
- A Walk in the Park - Just before Christmas, Daniel takes a walk in the park. and finds the courage he needs.
Sideburns 3 was published in winter 2014. It contains 252 pages, 95977 words. Art by Sideburns, Eilidh and JayEm.
- A Man Called Daniel - After a day at the Academy with the rest of his team, Daniel finds everything he ever wanted
- Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - A lightning strike as SG-1 enters a Stargate sends two members home, but one member ends up... elsewhere.
- Servi1XY - SG-1 is taken prisoner and Jack bargains for their eventual release. Only problem is -- Daniel isn't a soldier and thus, not allowed to remain with Jack and the rest of SG-1. Uh-oh. And uhm, Sam learns a few things about herself later on. Possible non-con warning. Novel length.
Sideburns 4 was published in winter 2014. It contains 229 pages, 92229 words. Art by Sideburns, Eilidh and JayEm.
- Living Forever - Jack and Daniel discuss the end - and beginnings
- Sleeping Bag Etiquette - "I see there is no wool over your eyes, DanielJackson."
- Sulja - boring planet, bored General O'Neill goes along and finds his 'sulja'
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - "I'm not happy. I think we should break up."
- Chasing the Years - Jack makes choices throughout his life and chases something elusive
- A Shot In The Dark - Jack can't believe Daniel understands. Typical.
- A Small Flirtation - General Jack O'Neill accompanies SG-1 off world. Sam gives Daniel a ticket on the clue bus and Jack punches it
- The Long and Winding Yellow Brick Road - Daniel's return isn't as easy as he's made it look, and the road to true love is often fraught with ruts, holes and Anubis. (novel length)
Reactions and Reviews: Issue 4
[The Long and Winding Yellow Brick Road]: In this lovely gem of a story, Sideburns takes us on a re-write of Season 7 in which Daniel isn’t doing as well as the show portrays him after descension. The places that Ms. Burns takes Daniel just brings a lump to the throat. The extremely angsty first fourth of this story makes the love journey between Jack and Daniel all the more heartwarming in my humble opinion. What I especially loved was the hard time Daniel had reconciling Doctor Daniel Jackson and just plain old Daniel. When Daniel broke the mirror and trashed his apartment, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. Just very angsty stuff!! And yet, by the end, the reader has a sense that Daniel’s found a balance with Jack’s and his friend’s help. 
Sideburns 5 was published in December 2014 and contains a single novel called "A Lifetime." It has 230 pages (93457 words). The art is by Sideburns, Eilidh and JayEm.
Summary: Daniel - the separation of him from his teammates and trying to find a way to defeat Anubis.
Sideburns 6 was published in 2015. It contains 263 pages, 98479 words. Art by Eilidh and JayEm.
- A Long Day's Journey in a Line - Jack and Daniel are in line for Avalanche tickets and Daniel decides to have some fun, the little spacemonkey
- Oh Joy - Daniel wakes up and doesn't know where he is, but he isn't alone
- Dreams by Daylight - Daniel thinks about his daydreams and where they might lead
- Dreams of a Life Lived - Jack ponders his dreams
- Dream No More - Jack and Daniel find that they no longer need to dream about what they want in life.
- What Was Once Broken - On a friendly planet, Jack is in danger and only Daniel can save him
- The Course of True Love - Daniel's feeling less like a welcomed descended being and more like wallpaper. A trip to a new planet opens eyes for all concerned
- A Day in the Life of a Briefing - Title says it all
- Fall To Heaven - Um... Daniel descends. Duh
- Dinner With Janet - Daniel has an interesting conversation with his friend over dinner
Sideburns 7 was published in May 2016 and contains 273 pages (102159 words). Art by Sideburns and JayEm.
- Comedy of Errors - Worlds collide when Daniel Jackson visits Cascade, Washington. Things will never be the same
- Measure for Measure - Jim and Blair join Jack and Daniel at Cheyenne Mountain when it's discovered that perhaps only Jim's special abilities can help with critical offworld negotiations.
- Taming Of The Shrew - Jack and his new SG1 find themselves in a battle for survival even as they discover new things about themselves.
- Nevermore - Part 4/Standalone in Shakespeare universe
- from Stargate Fic Recommendations, July 9, 2010