Queer As Folk (UK)
|Name:||Queer as Folk|
|Abbreviation(s):||QAF, QAF (UK), QAFUK, QAF-UK|
|Creator:||Russell T. Davies|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|External Links:||Wikipedia, overview on crack_van|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Queer as Folk was an 8 part British miniseries (later extended to a second season of four parts) featuring the adventures of Stuart Alan Jones, Vince Tyler, and Nathan Maloney.
It was remade in the United States, and the two fandoms are typically distinguished by appending the country tag: QAF-UK vs QAF-US. The storyline of the US version, which ran much longer, branches off almost immediately and quite significantly from the UK version, so much so that the main pairing in QAF-US is Brian/Justin (Brian being the U.S.'s Stuart figure; Justin being the Nathan figure) rather than Stuart/Vince, which dominates UK fandom.
QAF-UK fanfic is archived at Across The Pond, a Queer as Folk archive which contains fic from both US and UK fandoms. The QAFfic Archive was the archive for the QAFfic mailing list.
While QAF-UK has never been as huge a fandom as the US version has spawned, it remains a popular Yuletide fandom.
- Across the Pond, QAF fanfic archive
- Queer as Folk (UK) works on Ao3
- Archived site of The Rhipodon Society
- Queer as Folk works on Britslash
- Good Enough For Me, Stuart/Vince community
- Queer as Folk (UK)
- All of Them Are True (Archived Link) by Jane St Clair, Scenes from a Road Trip (2001)
- World's Biggest World, parts one and two, by Mallory Klohn, In which Stuart and Vince are trapped at the Pouce Coupe Last Chance Gas for approximately twenty minutes, or, if you will, nineteen minutes longer than any sane person would stay there. What could drive Vince to a life of crime? Why would Stuart tell people that Vince was autistic? Who the hell buys tiny blue light bulbs at convenience stores anyway? (2001)
- I Like It Like That (Archived Link) by Mallory Klohn, In which nothing seems to be going right for Vince. Then again, when did it ever? Long nights and lunatics, everyone having a go, his best friend waiting around every corner to call him mean names... when does the madness end? And what the hell is he supposed to do with himself if it does? (2000)
- The Decay of Lying (Link) by Speranza, "Goodbye, you bastards! Ciao, adieu, and fuck you!" The cliffs of Dover glowed luminously in the dark. "We're citizens of the world now!" (2004)
- Dance The Night Away At Babylon archive link "A discussion and fanfic list for the men and women of Queer As Folk, from both sides of the great blue. UK and US Queer As Folk based characters. Please make note of which side of the ocean your writing. We accept general, hetero and slash fiction. The stories will eventually wide up on the list archive, of course."
- QAF-L archive link "This list is for discussion or commentary on Queer As Folk fan fiction (either UK or US), at whatever level of complexity, silliness, or venting our members so desire. You're free to talk about what you liked, what you didn't like, why you liked or disliked it, trends you've noticed, what you hate, what you love, whatever. And you can discuss it to whatever degree you want, from a casual "I loved / hated / liked / disliked / didn't care for /didn't read that new story that dropped today on JoeQAFFictionList" to an in-depth critique. Authors can also make requests for critical comments on their stories. WARNING to Authors: If you've put your story out there on the net then it might get critiqued here. Maybe positive, maybe negative, maybe a little of both."
- QAFFic-F archive link "Fiction stories for the Queer As Folk television series, both UK and US versions. All stories posted to this list are archived at the Across The Pond Archive. We require that all members be the age of majority in their location, due to the adult content of the stories. We also have a Discussion and Fiction list, qaffic-d, for people who wish to chat with other fans. Resources for writers: Use the Fiction Template for posting directly to the list. Or go to the archive homepage to use the Posting Interface. News and Updates: http://qafatp.pitas.com/ - to find out the most recent status of the archive and lists."
- QAFFic-D archive link "Fiction stories for the Queer As Folk television series, both UK and US versions. All stories posted to this list are archived at the Across The Pond Archive. We require that all members be the age of majority in their location, due to the adult content of the stories. We also have a Fiction Only list, qaffic-f, for people who just want the stories. Resources for writers: Use the Fiction Template for posting directly to the list. Or go to the archive homepage to use the Posting Interface. News and Updates: http://qafatp.pitas.com/ - to find out the most recent status of the archive and lists."
- QAF Improv offline "All Genres ·· Discussion, Fiction. Modeled after the Buffy Angel Improv list, this is an improv fic list for the US and UK versions of "Queer As Folk," this list will create a twice-monthly list of improv words that must be incorporated in your stories, all fic will be archived at the end of each improv."
- Stuart and Vince archive link "Welcome, this group is for fanfiction and discussion of the Channel 4/RTD UK TV series, Queer as Folk. Only discussion and fanfiction about the UK version is allowed. No Real Person Slash. Crossovers are welcome as long as they contain the UK characters. Any UK pairing is encouraged. Please feel free to add to our expanding photos, bookmarks and database sections and check out our fiction archive in the files section. Long live Stuart and Vince!"
- BrianandMichael archive link "A place for fans of the relationship between Brian Kinney (Gale Harold) and Michael Novotny (Hal Sparks) from Showtime's Queer as Folk! Fan fiction is also welcome! NO FLAMING OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE TO FELLOW LIST MEMBERS ALLOWED!" (created January 2001)
- Queer As Folk Slash archive link "Brian and Josh and David and Michael ans well as all the rest, from the Euro and USA series are fodder for this list. Need a place to discuss Queer As Folk or share a story? Slash only, please. The stories posted to this list will be posted on WWOMB unless you make a 'DO NOT POST' notation. Stories posted should use the templete found in the submissions page on the archive. "
- The Greatest Story Never Told a Stuart Jones/Vince Tyler essay at Shipper's Manifesto by Steph