Quantum Leap Continuum
|Title:||Quantum Leap Contnuum|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Quantum Leap Continuum is a het Quantum Leap anthology of fiction by Taerie Bryant.
From a 1993 ad in GAZ July 1993: "A new collection of five QL stories by Taerie Bryant. In the tradition of the series, these innovative stories present a good mix of fun, suspense, adventure and emotion as Sam and Al leap through five very different lives, including a story where Sam leaps into Al before the QL experiment on a mission to save himself from his time traveling fate! SASE for flyer."
Publisher's summary: "In the tradition of the series, these innovative stories present a good mix of fun. suspense, adventure and emotion as Sam and Al leap through five very different lives. Sam leaps into Al before the Quantum Leap experiment on a mission to save himself from his time traveling fate! He also becomes a Navy dolphin, a Russian ballet dance, a cowboy in search of a meteor and the victim of bureaucrats back at the project who decide to punch more holes in his Swiss cheese!"
Contents, summaries from the flyer:
- Wet Suit ("Sam leaps into a Navy dolphin involved in a dangerous demolition experiment. It's a toss-up, will he drown, freeze, or blow himself to bits before this leap is over. Funny and tender, as well as suspenseful, this one is my favorite!") (1)
- Break a Leg ("As a Russian ballet dancer touring the United States, Sam gets involved in intrigue, a sadistic manager, and a brain-hitchhiking tourist.") (25)
- Cheese Grater ("The bureaucrats in control of QL's funding decide that Doctor Beckett is remembering too much for the good of the status quo. They decide to punch more holes in his "Swiss Cheese." Vulnerable and without his memory, Sam needs Al more than ever, unfortunately he doesn't remember him! Can Al win Sam's trust again?") (69)
- Leap Along Cassidy ("As a modern day cowboy, Sam ends up on a strange mission to retrieve a meteorite for a beautiful astronomer. Western adventure with a twist!") (95)
- Second Chance ("They say you can't go home again, but this time Sam comes close. He leaps into Al the day before the famous leap. It's his chance to set things right and save himself from memory damage and endless leaping through time. Sam confronts the man he was and the life he lost while at the same time giving Al a chance to heal a painful regret. This story shamelessly tugs at the heart-strings while giving interesting insights into leading characters.") (130)
Quantum Leap Continuum 2 was published in 1991.