|Date(s):||2002, 2003 (as a fanzine), 2007 (profic)|
|External Links:||The Mannazone (author site)|
Casperian Books (publisher)
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Mind Fuck is an original slash novel by Manna Francis and part of the Administration series. The whole series can be found at her website. The novel was the winner of a 2004 FanQ and was published as a 264 pages paperback in October 2007.
- There are no bad guys or good guys. There are only better guys and worse guys.
- One of the worse guys is Val Toreth. In a world in which torture is a legitimate part of the investigative process, he works for the Investigation and Interrogation Division, where his colleagues can be more dangerous than the criminals he investigates.
- One of the better guys is Keir Warrick. His small corporation, SimTech, is developing a "sim" system that places users in a fully immersive virtual reality. A minnow in a murky and dangerous pond, he is only beginning to discover how many compromises may be required for success.
- Their home is the dark future dystopia of New London. A totalitarian bureaucracy controls the European Administration, sharing political power with the corporations. The government uses violence and the many divisions of the feared Department of Internal Security to maintain control and crush resistance. The corporations fight among themselves, using lethal force under the euphemism of "corporate sabotage," uniting only to resist attempts by the Administration to extend its influence over them.
- Toreth and Warrick are more natural enemies than allies. But mutual attraction and the fight for survival can create unlikely bonds.