IDIC (Star Trek: TOS zine 2)
|Fandom:||Star Trek: TOS|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Issue v.1 n.3
- is undated
- contains 20 pages
- fanzine reviews of Spockanalia and Grup
- addresses of fans to write
- an announcement of an upcoming Kansas City convention
- a long, untitled story by Heather Firth
- a review of the Star Fleet Technical Manual
- descriptions of two books stores, "The Hobbit House" and "The Grandview Book Gallery"
- "How to Fly a Shuttlecraft" by Denny Young
- a reprint of "Leonard Nimoy's Most Embarrassing Moment" (Before the show was on the air, he was filming in costume, got a bad toothache and had to go to the dentist looking like Mr. Spock.)
- Scenario, a short short by Paul Burns
- You are Receiving this Zine Because
Issue v.1 n.4
IDIC v.1 n.4 was published in August 1976 and and contains 38 pages.
It includes the prayer:
- "Our Roddenberry, who art in Hollywood,
- Hallowed be thy Script. They Movie come,
- Thy Work be done, on TV as it is in Fandom.
- Give us this day our beloved Episode, and
- Forgive us our bloopers, as we forgive those
- Who blooped before us. And lead us not into
- Mediocrity, but deliver us from Cancellation:
- For thine is the Hugo, and the Emmy, and the
- STAR TREK forever. Live Long & Prosper. Amen."
- TOC (1)
- Editorial by Paul Burns (2)
- Subspace Channel (letters) (4)
- Con Report for a Star Trek Con in Kansas City in February 1976 (6)
- Fiction "Share-non: to Understand" by Heather Firth (10)
- Unannounced Surprise Insert (fiction in the form of McCoy's personal log) (18)
- Novelette "Centennial" by Denny Young (19)
- Why You Got This by ye humble ed
- contributors: Paul Burns, Denny Young, Jeff Richardson, Jeff Brockman, Heather Firth, Terry Lawson, Dennis Bahm, Billy Burns, Mary Ann Burns
While the sticker on the front cover of an issue in the gallery says "VOL 4 ISH IV," this is incorrect. This unknown issue was published in June 1977. There were at least 44 copies.
You are Receiving this Zine Because from v.1 n.3