|Moderator(s):||zhonnika (2006), nqdonne (2007-2008) jamie2109 (2007), taradiane (2007-2012), dysonrules (2009-2012), bryonebrynn (2009-2012)|
|URL:||hd_holidays on Livejournal hd_holidays on Dreamwidth|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
H/D Holidays is a gift exchange that ran from 2006-2012. It has a reputation for delivering multiple novel-length fics.
H/D Holidays was founded in 2006 as a Harry/Draco holiday gift exchange by zhonnika/legomymalfoy. The first round of the fest appears to have had a bit of a rocky start; the participant cap was 110, posting ran into January and several people failed to submit their entries/gifts. In February 2007 zhonnika stepped down as a mod and handed the reins over to nqdonne. nqdonne brought jamie2109 on as co-mod, and announced a Last Hurrah/Summer Wave as the second round of the fest (a "pre-DH special round"), with sign-ups in February and posting in June–July.
The fourth round of the fest (2008) brought some changes to the fest-format due to the overwhelming scope of the fest; there were too many participants, too many drop-outs, and "too many fics with major problems". The mods instated a participant cap in the region of 60-80 participants, with half the slot reserved for veteran participants who had a history of turning in works on time and not in need of major revisions, with the remaining spots serving as a lottery on a first-come-first-serve basis for fans who had not participated before. The fest had run with staggered submission deadlines in the past, with first-timers having an earlier deadline than veterans, and this was the case again. In addition to this, hosting of the works moved from Livejournal to a private server, paid for and maintained by taradiane.
In 2009 nqdonne stepped down as a mod, and dysonrules and bryonebrynn stepped in to assist taradiane. The 2008 format continued, with a participant cap of 80, a split of reserved spots for veterans and lottery spots for newcomers, and a staggered submission deadline.
2011 brought several changes to the fest: The participant cap was lowered to 60, there were two lotteries, one for veterans and one for newcomers, and the staggered submission deadlines were abolished.
For the final round of H/D Holidays, the participant cap was increased to 90.
- 2006-2007 masterlist (round one)
- 2007 masterlist (round two, Summer Wave)
- 2007 masterlist (round three, post-DH)
- 2008 masterlist
- 2009 masterlist
- 2010 masterlist
- 2011 masterlist
- 2012 masterlist
-  Changing of the Guard, February 4, 2007. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  H/D Holidays: Summer Wave. February 10, 2017. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  General Announcements. August 07, 2007. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  ANNOUNCING A NEW H/D HOLS FORMAT! June 1, 2008. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  H/D Holidays Round Five Sign Up Post. August 19, 2009. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  An announcement of sorts... January 3, 2011. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)
-  Regarding this year's fest... July 8, 2012. (Accessed February 18, 2018.)