Forever Fanfiction Contest
|Name:||Forever Fanfiction Contest|
|Date(s):||announced August 2015, ran from Sept 10th - Oct 10th, winners announced in November|
|Associated Community:||Forever Fanfiction|
|URL:||Forever Fanfiction Writing Contest|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
On August 27, 2015, the owners of the now-defunct Castle Fanfiction Contest announced the first Forever Fanfiction Writing Contest. Participants were asked to write an English language story that was 1000 words or less, featured recognizable Forever characters, and included at least 30 words of dialogue. The first, second, and third place winners would receive Amazon.com gift cards of $100, $50, and $25, respectively. Stories were judged based on writing ability.
- Submitted stories must not exceed 1000 words. Entries longer than 1000 words will not be accepted.
- Your story must include recognizable Forever characters. No OCs allowed.
- Your story must include at least 30 words of dialogue.
- It must be in English. Due to our judges we can only accept one language for this contest, at this time.
- You must submit your fic from the e-mail address you want your prize e-mailed to, should you be one of our winners.
- The final date to submit is October 10th at 11:59PM PST. Any submissions after this will not be accepted.
- All ratings and genres are accepted; there is no criteria as to what you can submit, no prompts, no required pieces of text, no theme. We’ll leave that all up to you. You write what you want to write about.
Winners were announced on November 1, 2015. The winners were:
- First Place - "Debridement" by argylepiratewd - In the middle of a tough night, Jo needs a friend who understands death. No one knows death like Henry Morgan.
- Second Place - "Tea With Sugar" by binz - At her new home in Brooklyn, Abigail enjoys some of the sweeter things in life.
- Third Place - "Magic Kingdom Circa '79" by shiplizard - The year is 1979. Abe Morgan is 35, freshly divorced, and miserable-- so where do his parents take him but the happiest place on Earth?