Don't Argue with the Voice
|Title:||Don't Argue with the Voice|
|Publisher:||a fan club called Outkingdomer|
|Editor(s):||Ariya Nightsun or Rea Wildfire|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
Don't Argue with the Voice is a zine that was devoted to the world of Velgarth and to other worlds of fantasy fiction. The emphasis was on fans' personas.
There were at least three issues.
The editors requested: "No mail from inmates."
Some Badgering.... Er, Submission Requests
All from Queen's Own:
- [February 1997]: "A new Velgarth zine has entered the scene! Are you tired of writing Velgarth stories that you just know you'll never see in print? Of only being able to send in stories relating to your recognized persona? Do you want your persona stories printed for everyone to see and admire? Then DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE is for you! Send a SASE... Outkingdomers are welcomed with open arms!"
- [April 1997]: "A new Velgarth zine has entered the scene! Are you tired of writing Velgarth stories that you just know you'll never see in print? Of only being able to send in stories relating to your recognized persona? Do you want your persona stories printed for everyone to see and admire? Then DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE is for you! Send a SASE for guidelines to DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE c/o Ariya Nightsun or Rea Wildfire."
- [August 1997]: "Rea sighs as she regards the pieces of the 'zine. "So much for a July deadline," she sighs. "Come on people, we only need a few more stories to make 50 pages, and Ariya and I would really rather not write them ourselves." We're accepting poetry, art, & stories ...or anything else you can think of regarding Velgarth. Would anyone like to place an ad? All you have to do is ask, & we'll gladly add it in! Issue prices are going to be somewhere between $4 - $5, and contributors get discounts! All you need to do is send a SASE, or if you're an Outkingdomer, 2 IRCs and a legible address, to DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE c/o Rea Wildfire."
- [October 1997]: "Ariya stands up on the table with a big grin on her face to announce the latest about the zine that she and Rea run. "Listen up, people! Issue #1 of DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE is finally done, and features a story by Kendra Renaud! It costs $4 for an issue. Contributors get discounts. Issues 2 & 3 are open for submissions." "We are accepting artwork, poetry, articles, commentaries, Letters for the Editors. and, of course, stories," adds Rea. "Although we are a Velgarth zinc, not everything needs to be Velgarth related. This makes it even easier to send stuff in to us!" Also, we'll now accept Stuff on disk. Write to find out about this. For guidelines & more info you only need to send [redacted] So what are, you waiting for? Find out what we're all about!" DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE c/o Rea Wildfire &/or Ariya Nightsun... Please, because of the age of the editors, no mail from inmates."
- [January 1998]: "Rea begins her monologue from her newest perch atop the rood of her house, much to her parents' distress . . . "New stuff for me to say about DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE, people! Issue 2 is out! Issues 3 & 4 are already in the works. A copy of Issue 1 or 2 costs $4. Subscriptions are $15 a year, contributors get special discounts. These rates apply to everyone! Cash is preferred, checks should be made out to 'Erin Frost.' Disk submissions (MAC or PC): Word, PowerPoint, Works, Write, or Notepad. Specify Artists' or Writers' guidelines. We negotiate with editors. Also, very important: DA has a new, final version of guidelines for writers that greatly differs from the original when Ariya and I first started advertising! For those of you who do not possess a copy of guidelines that says 'updated, November 1997,' and has subscription info in it, write to us or say something in the Personals, and we'll send you a new copy. You don't need to send a a SASE even, just a postcard. Please, because of the age of Ariya and I, no mail from inmates. So, what are you waiting for? A Gate to open beneath your feet and suck you in? Get involved today! Send your Velgarth or Fantasy stuff to DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE c/o Rea Wildfire and/or Ariya Nightsun."
- [June 1998]: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Issue #3 of DON'T ARGUE WITH THE VOICE is out! This is the special Anime issue, with a color cover for the first 10 copies. I am accepting submissions for Issue 4, poetry, art, and stories, Velgarth and general Fantasy. Cost is $4 for an issue of this great fifty page zine contributors get a discount. and rates arc the same Outkingdomers. Cash is preferred, but check should be made out to Erin Frost. I accept disk submissions in almost any format: Mac or PC. You can also submit by e-mail: [Ed. note 2005: Out-of-date info withheld.] with 'Erin' as the subject. Please, no mail from inmates For guidelines and other information send [address redacted] (To all: Due to circumstances, I have become the sole editor of Don't Argue with the Voice. Please send all submissions to Ariya Nightsun."