|Archivist:||Lucius Cornelius Sulla|
|URL:||http://evilzz.net/darkrooms/ (via Wayback)|
|Click here for related articles on Fanlore.|
From the Mission Statement:
- We started this site basicly out of frustration. We really enjoyed this kind of fanfic, but with all the material out there on the web, we found it considerably difficult to root out the ones we wanted. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a site dedicated to all X-Files non-con fanfic? Well, we couldn't find one out there, so we decided to make one ourselves. So, here is the result of countless hours of trolling through the web, the submissions that have come to us, and of course the excellent work done by many talented artists.
- It is very important to us here at Dark Rooms to make it clear that we do not, in any way, condone, abet, glorify, or in any possible way agree with actual sexual assault of any type in reality. The work here is simply a way of exorcising our personal demons; these are works of fantasy, and that is where it should stay.
From the submission guidelines:
- 1. To qualify, all submissions must have at least one scene featuring non-consensual sex, and/or at least one sexual scene in which one (or more) participent(s) has been coerced in one way or another into giving consent.
- 2. Okay, I'm going to try to make this clear, and that's going to be tough as it's such a fine line. Stories that deal exclusively in brutal and violent rape, with no elements of non-con will not be posted in this section. Non-con is defined by this site as a sexual act committed without consent, which is conducted in a low-violence and a non-seriously harmful manner, and/or that results in the victim actually ending up enjoying the episode, usually by indicated by sexual climax [coming]. Stories that have the non-con element but also have a serious and violent rape scene will be considered, but rated strongly (probably 5 stars out of 5) on the non-con rating system that is in use here to safeguard prospective readers.
- Mission Statements for Dark Rooms and The Annex, via Wayback circa 2002. (Accessed 05 March 2011)
- Submission Guidelines for Dark Rooms, via Wayback circa 2002. (Accessed 05 March 2011)
- Submission Guidelines for Dark Rooms: 5. No fics that feature real people (like David Duchovny or Gillian Anderson) as characters.